Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Most cinemas won't be screening it in HFR. Most IMAX screens aren't capable of doing HFR+HDR. Best way to watch it is Dolby 

No Dolby in Canada sadly :( we have theatres equipped with Atmos but it’s all on bulb projectors with no HDR.

Do we know how many alternate scenes there are so far?

Edited by TheDude391

39 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The first movie didn’t have a “proper first trailer” until a little over a month before release. 

Yes and it was extremely revealing, the entire plot/story was laid out and viewers of this trailer knew exactly how the movie was going to play out making it very predictable. I hope they don't make the same mistake again.

Interesting that the very beginning of the trailer includes a bit of the bar scene which didn't make the final cut of the movie, perhaps Jim was still tinkering with the final edit. 

Hey guys, havent posted in a loooong time, and i'm totally out of the loop with movies at the moment. I just wanted to query this re-release though.

I'm just puzzled why only 2 weeks?, it seems likethis re-release would of helped getting people back in the 3D mood if it had been longer.

Why the standard edition and not the special edition?, again seems weird to me.

No full trailer with this re-release?, wtf?, i would of thought that would be a given, and would probably of brought a few extra people to this re-release.

Apparently there is A2 footage but Disney are keeping it secret?. Again you would of thought thiey would be shouting this from the rooftops, and would surely of brought more fans to this re-release.

I dont know the whole situation surrounding this re-release seems a little strange. Almost like they want it to underperform so when A2 does aamzing, maybe they think they will get better headlines or soemthing?. I'm at a loss. This whole re-release just seems like a it of a missd oppotunity to me.

Oh and A2 $3bil+, with 1bil in China alone.😆

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Yes and it was extremely revealing, the entire plot/story was laid out and viewers of this trailer knew exactly how the movie was going to play out making it very predictable. I hope they don't make the same mistake again.

Interesting that the very beginning of the trailer includes a bit of the bar scene which didn't make the final cut of the movie, perhaps Jim was still tinkering with the final edit. 

That Trailer, fucking god tier hype machine 

Let's not tiptoe around the truth, this looks utter trash. Marketing also awful so far. I have seen some clips (I know, it's pre-production, can't judge based on that) and it looks like a snoozefest. I'm certain it won't get great WoM. Hopefully the end product will be much better and it's obviously going to make a ton of money, but I'd lower the overall predictions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 5
  • Knock It Off 1

50 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Let's not tiptoe around the truth, this looks utter trash. Marketing also awful so far. I have seen some clips (I know, it's pre-production, can't judge based on that) and it looks like a snoozefest. I'm certain it won't get great WoM. Hopefully the end product will be much better and it's obviously going to make a ton of money, but I'd lower the overall predictions.

Okay

Just now, The Dark Alfred said:

Sub 60% RT is happening...

Okay