Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Already reading in the news about new China lockdowns due to Covid cases rising. Trying times ahead for movies...

All Worldwide predictions should be minus China honestly, no amount of box office analysis can predict China

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Reddroast said:

I have two things to say on this. Cameron did not need to bite the hand that feeds him. Especially when Zoe Saldana has played a very important part in the MCU while he was still trying to figure out what to do for this film.

Like im not sure you realize how big DB is (and I know the decision is made for a Japanese audunces) when Dragon Ball Super was airing the fight between Goku and Jiren there were massive block parties all over Latin American countries of people watching it. Heck, there was a strip club in Mexico that was offering free lapdances if Goku won.  My point is if the audience is big and/or rabid enough they won't care.

Ps. Heaven help us if Disney does have the live action film rights to DB.

Cameron knows that he's the golden ticket for this franchise (similar to Feige and Marvel) even if he knows that Disney owns the IP. There's no one else that could take this franchise to the level that Disney wants (i.e. popularity and merch level of other Disney owned franchises) than Cameron. He knows it, Chapek knows it, we know it, everybody knows it. Jim has reached carte blanche status and outside of some Weinstein level scandal he's good to go.

14 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Cameron knows that he's the golden ticket for this franchise (similar to Feige and Marvel) even if he knows that Disney owns the IP. There's no one else that could take this franchise to the level that Disney wants (i.e. popularity and merch level of other Disney owned franchises) than Cameron. He knows it, Chapek knows it, we know it, everybody knows it. Jim has reached carte blanche status and outside of some Weinstein level scandal he's good to go.

Cameron have his own vision for this Avatar world and he release stuff when it's done even if it means 13 years of waiting. Feige needs to release movies in constant manner, so fandom is happy. Two totally different approach going on here hard to even compare it.

Just now, adaros said:

Cameron have his own vision for this Avatar world and he release stuff when it's done even if it means 13 years of waiting. Feige needs to release movies in constant manner, so fandom is happy. Two totally different approach going on here hard to even compare it.

I don't think he needs to. He wants to.

Just now, adaros said:

Yes I meant it in a way that Feige can't take 3-year hiatus and not release a movie type of way.

It wouldn't make sense though since that model works for that IP for now. If the movies started getting receptions like Star Wars then that conversation could be had. If Feige wanted to slow down the release cadence I think he has that authority.

14 hours ago, Elessar said:

Already reading in the news about new China lockdowns due to Covid cases rising. Trying times ahead for movies...

While I don't follow China news and especially China movie related news all that closely, this isn't really a surprise, no?  Not when they re-affirmed their "Zero COVID" policy over the summer.  

If they were signaling a pull back from that, that could have been a sign for optimism for an A2 Dec/Jan release in China. Well, A2 could very well still get a major China release, but it'll probably have to be paired with a relaxation of "Zero COVID" or a fortuitous timing on COVID cases. 

Which could happen!  Just not going to bet on it happening. At least a bet on a relaxation of "Zero COVID".

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elessar said:

Smh lol not this bs again.. governments just roll out the “covid” red carpet incase they want direct control of the masses. 

24 minutes ago, jedijake said:

So, FTR, no human can hold their breath for over 2 minutes unless MAYBE Navy seals or professional divers, etc. MAYBE Kate and Zoe could do it for a minute tops.

But then again, die-hard Avatar and Cameron fans have held THEIR breath for 13 years! 

That’s definitely incorrect. Two minutes isn’t even much for decent HS swimmer. The best in the world at holding their breath without assistance can go for 8 minutes or more.

I anticipate that a week following the release of Black Panther 2, full-fledged marketing will begin for Avatar 2. The release of Avatar 2 is now less than two months away. We've made great progress and I'm very excited about what's ahead for the film.

• Like 2