Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

35 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I hope the launching of A2 in China happens. However, the difficulty level is rising.

It will just make things interesting. Can Avatar 2 beat Avatar without China?

In the RED corner,

with a $200m headstart coming from China

and high 2009 exchange rates

the global phenomenon and reigning highest grossing film of alll tiiiiiime. AVATAAAAAR

In the BLUE corner.

with no china release needed,

market expansion in emerging regions,

and ticket price inflation

the up and coming AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATERRRR

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If Avatar 2 gets a full release in China it will breeze to the highest grossing movie of all time.

Even if it will be released, we can forget about full blown out release ala Endgame had is not possible due to 0 covid policies. This could be a status for next few years in China.

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

I anticipate that a week following the release of Black Panther 2, full-fledged marketing will begin for Avatar 2. The release of Avatar 2 is now less than two months away. We've made great progress and I'm very excited about what's ahead for the film.

Oct: 3 days left

Nov: 30

Dec: 14-15 or 16 depending on country 

so 47 to 49 days left...unreal. 

2 minutes ago, XXXVIIR said:

At this point I essentially agree with that range. Ton of variables still. 

yeah i agree it has a bigger range than usual, i would multiply their range by 1.5 though

750 - 1500, now we talkin.

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

yeah i agree it has a bigger range than usual, i would multiply their range by 1.5 though

750 - 1500, now we talkin.

Now come on, why would this add over 50% to the domestic record when the original barely managed a 25% jump on Titanic? I get the enthusiasm, but even though I think it's ludicrous, 1bn as a top end is more than enough. 

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Now come on, why would this add over 50% to the domestic record when the original barely managed a 25% jump on Titanic? I get the enthusiasm, but even though I think it's ludicrous, 1bn as a top end is more than enough. 

25% more than The Force Awakens is like $1.2b, why is 1bn enough as a max? very confused

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Titanic was bigger than force awakens yet Avatar +25% it.

It's easier to make money now domestically than it was in 2015

Avatar's average ticket price was near-double that of Titanic, whereas Avatar 2's average ticket price will be nowhere near double that of The Force Awakens.

• Like 1

New trailer premieres Wednesday during Good Morning America.

Wednesday, Nov. 2 —Actress Angela Bassett (“Wakanda Forever”); actor Daniel Radcliffe (“Weird: The Al Yankovic Story”); exclusive world premiere of “Avatar: The Way of Water” trailer; Oprah’s Favorite Things edition of Deals and Steals with ABC e-commerce editor Tory Johnson and Oprah Daily creative director Adam Glassman

ABC News Public Relations — HIGHLIGHTS FOR ABC NEWS’ ‘GOOD MORNING AMERICA,’... (tumblr.com)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, ImNotExcited said:

Wednesday, Nov. 2 —Actress Angela Bassett (“Wakanda Forever”); actor Daniel Radcliffe (“Weird: The Al Yankovic Story”); exclusive world premiere of “Avatar: The Way of Water” trailer; Oprah’s Favorite Things edition of Deals and Steals with ABC e-commerce editor Tory Johnson and Oprah Daily creative director Adam Glassman

ABC News Public Relations — HIGHLIGHTS FOR ABC NEWS’ ‘GOOD MORNING AMERICA,’... (tumblr.com)

Why the hell is Disney not marketing this on social media and other platforms? Word needs to get out that a new trailer is coming on Wednesday.

53 minutes ago, ImNotExcited said:

"Good Morning America"!!! how about the rest of the planet? I'll set my DVR even though I assume this will be plastered all over the internet ten seconds after it airs. 

7 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Jimbo is excel 2.0

1 hour ago, ImNotExcited said:

Wow, I guess we would see the new trailer tomorrow or Monday because some good people will leak it to us.

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

Jimbo is excel 2.0

who

2 hours ago, hw64 said:

Avatar's average ticket price was near-double that of Titanic, whereas Avatar 2's average ticket price will be nowhere near double that of The Force Awakens.

i get your point but Titanic was the biggest single release ever