Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 11/9/2022 at 12:45 PM, Verrows said:

I'm looking forward to what will clearly be an awesome visual experience, however after watching the trailer it feels uncanny without any live action environments or characters. Almost like it may as well be an animated film. Anyone else feel this way?

I remember JC spent a lot of time,  built a lot of sets for the live action components throughout 2019 but from the trailer it is either they blend too well into CGI components, I can't really tell which part if CGI and which part are live action.   Still, the complete absence of human characters got me worried, especially since Spider seem to be pivotal to the plot. 

Edited by Borobudur

4 hours ago, Borobudur said:

I remember JC spent a lot of time,  built a lot of sets for the live action components throughout 2019 but from the trailer it is either they blend too well into CGI components, I can't really tell which part if CGI and which part are live action.   Still, the complete absence of human characters got me worried, especially since Spider seem to be pivotal to the plot. 

Seems like they wanted the trailer not to include humans and live-action by design. The fact we know Spider is in a bunch of scenes but we didn't get one face shot of him shows this. Spider is the teen boy who looks like tarzan from the teaser trailer.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Seems like they wanted the trailer not to include humans and live-action by design. The fact we know Spider is in a bunch of scenes but we didn't get one face shot of him shows this. Spider is the teen boy who looks like tarzan from the teaser trailer.

Who is also starring in Scream 6 :) 

Full trailer for this in IMAX 3D with laser looked incredible on Friday. My partner turned to me and said “wow” and he hasn’t even seen the first. Will be watching it in early December for a reminder, I’ve only ever seen it the once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

It's crazy to me that some people suggested it looked just like the original, the fact there wasn't a single human face shown in that trailer already signals a pretty clear departure from how the story was told in the original.

I wouldn't mind seeing more from the human/recom side though. I think another trailer with a different angle before the release could be beneficial. If it's a 3 hour+ movie, I'm sure there is plenty left to tease without giving away too much.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Who is also starring in Scream 6 :) 

Full trailer for this in IMAX 3D with laser looked incredible on Friday. My partner turned to me and said “wow” and he hasn’t even seen the first. Will be watching it in early December for a reminder, I’ve only ever seen it the once. 

You won't have needed to see the first to enjoy it too! Jim made it so all the movies work as stand-alones and make sense if you watch them by themselves.

Jack Champion's in Scream 6? Cool

• Like 1

Narratives coming into the movie that will audiences will be using from now until the release.

"It's a James Cameron movie, so I have to see it"
"I thought the first movie was ok! But I'm curious to check this one out"
"Never Doubt James Cameron"
"I have to see this for the visuals, i'm worried about the story though"

"i'm not sure i'll watch it in 3D, but I'm going to try it out regardless"

Narratives after Opening Weekend for the next months.
"the movie visuals are insane"

"you have to see this in 3D!"

"i can't believe the story is actually good"
"I didn't expect it to go hard like it did" -nerd dudes
"james cameron's done it again"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Narratives coming into the movie that will audiences will be using from now until the release.

"It's a James Cameron movie, so I have to see it"
"I thought the first movie was ok! But I'm curious to check this one out"
"Never Doubt James Cameron"
"I have to see this for the visuals, i'm worried about the story though"

"i'm not sure i'll watch it in 3D, but I'm going to try it out regardless"

Narratives after Opening Weekend for the next months.
"the movie visuals are insane"

"you have to see this in 3D!"

"i can't believe the story is actually good"
"I didn't expect it to go hard like it did" -nerd dudes
"james cameron's done it again"

im-good-enough-im-smart-enough.gif

• Haha 1

The movie is already getting some awards promotion. There's a for your consideration on Critics Choice members book. 

The date for the members send their votes is December 9, so Fox will probably make screenings before this for awards, guilds and critics. 

I don't know if the reactions or reviews will be lifted by then tho.

11 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

dfumq961qrz91.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Avg ticket prices for Wakanda Forever going above $14 a pop on OW, will be interested to see how high they are for a2

That's a joke if accurate, although I know EntTelligence opening weekend ticket sales data has been questioned in the past by some on here. But if it is accurate, then Avatar 2 should have no problem clearing a full-run ATP of $14.50, maybe even $15, which would make $1b domestic a very real possibility.

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The movie is already getting some awards promotion. There's a for your consideration on Critics Choice members book. 

The date for the members send their votes is December 9, so Fox will probably make screenings before this for awards, guilds and critics. 

I don't know if the reactions or reviews will be lifted by then tho.

oh

got a pic?