Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

30 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm curious what the story be AFTER Avatar 2. They can't keep doing the "humans bad, destroying nature, taking resources" thing for 3 more films and keep things interesting so what will the conflict be after A2?

There's a confirmed timeskip at the start of Avatar 4 if that helps, as they had to get the young actors to film scenes for Avatar 4 already before they aged.

We also know we'll be introduced to new enviroments and Na'vi tribes in every film.

Here's what I reckon.

Avatar 2 - Quaritch hunting the Sully family and the metkayina get caught up in it. The plot is around surviving the human aggression.

Avatar 3 - Counter offensive of Na'vi against the new human base bridgehead

Also to tease how crazy things could get, check out the cover of High Ground 3, which was part of the Original Avatar 2 script which got canned. Jim thought it didn't lean enough until the experiential feeling that was core in the first film. Looks like Na'vi go up to an ISV spaceship and attack it. This is still canon and happens before Avatar 2 and we don't know if they'll mention it in the film.

519DxQxO5TL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, eridani said:

I remember cameron once said one of the sequels would visit other moons in the star system. So at least the setting might be different. 

As far as i know that was scrapped. All will be on Pandora, apparently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Yeah as far as we know that idea has gone. Although if these sequels make serious bank, who knows what will happen with the franchise in the future.

Of coure Cameron wont be involved. I think Cameron will make 4 and 5, and at that point will be 74, and he will leave directing and spend his remaining years exploring and doing environemtal stuff etc.

1 hour ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm curious what the story be AFTER Avatar 2. They can't keep doing the "humans bad, destroying nature, taking resources" thing for 3 more films and keep things interesting so what will the conflict be after A2? 

Based on what has been said so far from official sources I would say the following.

A2 - a re-establishment of the RDA on Pandora with a full on revenge motif against the Sully family and any Na'vi's who get in their way. The RDA has returned to colonize Pandora, the goals are completely different now and they aren't fucking around.

A3 - assuming things will not go well for the Na'vi in A2, they might attempt a counterattack and this is where I think allegiances will become a lot less clear not only amongst the Na'vi but also the humans, Cameron did mention The Godfather as one of the templates for the sequels "who do you trust?" and "the definition of evil can vary from one person to the next".  

A4 - there's a six year time jump in this one with scenes taking place back on Earth, Cameron has a special word for this one and hopes they get a chance to finish it. 

We do know that the Quaritch character will undergo a significant arc, my guess is he will turn against his "bosses" at some point in the future. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

they can save that for avatar 6-7

22 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Beat me to it. The band has arrived in London. 

Question is: where is Britain Dalton (Lo'Ak) ?

press tour was optional for the young cast and he chose not to go, for a reason we don't know!

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

So the London premiere is today but as far as we know, social media embargo is still Tuesday at 6pm ET right?

will any opinions leak?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Know someone seeing it in Leicester Square right about now.

so there is A premiere today?

if there is please share anything you can

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

13 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

so there is A premiere today?

if there is please share anything you can

There are press screenings which are going on right now. The world premiere is on Tueday 6th next week, which is when the social media embargo lifts. The actual review embargo lifts a week later, on the 13th.

So while a lot of press will have already seen the movie a few hours from now, we're not getting any reactions until Tuesday, unless we get some leaks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1