Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

seems like some folks are still complaining about HFR, wonder if that had an meaningful effect in their enjoyment of the movie

gonna wait at least a week after release so that I can an opinion from people whove seen it in both formats

For critics, maybe. For general audiences, no they like smooth motion. Hence why so many tvs have motion smoothing on by default and why people dont turn it off ha.

Just now, stuart360 said:

He called both Avatar fil;ms 'silly'. Yeah maybe silly to him, but not to the masses.

Its hard to take some stuck up critics reviews seriously, some of them are so out of touch.

I know, right? How dare people have a different opinion!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Telegraph and Guardian hating this.. interesting.

Peter Bradshaw hated the first one, so the Guardian reaction checks out. Telegraph critic (different one at the time) gave OG Avatar a 3/5. So neither outlet was predisposed to the original it seems, though obviously the Telegraph critic is different

• Like 1

Well tbf the 2 more high profile critics dislike it, so that's concerning.

Let's see the rest of them in a few minutes when the people who watch on NY and LA can post about it.

The rest of it which is more of "movie influencers" is pretty good, i don't get the doom. Nothing mindblowing which i get it, this one have a lot of pre-conceived expectations around it unlike the first one or TGM. But it's really hard to complain when most people are saying it's better than the first and have a better story with an awesome climax. Also, no actual complains of the 192 minutes so far which is good.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Not everyone will love this movie. Deal with it, seriously. lol

From what we've seen it looks like it will get a higher RT and Metacritic than the first movie. Not even I expected every single critics to love it, I just expected them to like it more than the first.