Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

If dynamic pricing starts making headway in the US you can pretty much forget about being able to estimate admissions. Always been a dubious point to try to win arguments in any event. There is something to be said for being willing to pay a premium to see a film.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elessar said:

Most countries don't report admissions. There are no sources.

MOST?

25/26  - Countries from Europe.

16  - Countries from LATAM.

08 - Countries from Gulf.

11 - Countries from ASIA.

05 - Countries from Africa.

About 66(+3) Markets report Admission numbers to public out of 81(+2) Markets, where Films are released. The Markets that don't actively report Admissions are US, China, UK, India, Australia and 11 other smaller ones. Also, There are sources to know the admissions but you got to pay for it or have "inside" sources. 

Not having a way to access 'em doesn't mean, it doesn't exist. An UK Industry insider on 7th Weekend of NWH run had told that NWH was way ahead of NTTD in UK in admission counts, if he knew - it meant count existed. 

Edited by Shanks
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

27 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Not having a way to access 'em doesn't mean, it doesn't exist. An UK Industry insider on 7th Weekend of NWH run had told that NWH was way ahead of NTTD in UK in admission counts, if he knew - it meant count existed. 

NTTD and NWH have almost identical grosses

Do they charge a bonus for Bond movies in the uk? I really can't see a Bond movie being more premium format friendly than NWH and I assume that christmas prices are always a bit higher than usual

Maybe he meant that at that point of their runs NWH was ahead of Bond, but that it later stabilized due to better Bond drops 

EDIT: Wait im dumb, kid prices probably account for the difference and that together with Better bond drops later down the line probably explain why there was a big deficit in the 7th week

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

On 3/8/2022 at 7:05 PM, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

Moderation

Guys we're not doing this Endgame vs. Avatar stuff anymore. It's really, really, really not needed here. At all.

Moderation: Some people seem to not be getting the message. Ignoring the warning further will result in thread bans. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Moderation: Some people seem to not be getting the message. Ignoring the warning further will result in thread bans. 

This is the avatar thread, if it doesn't happen here when and where else is it supposed to happen? 

5 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

This is the avatar thread, if it doesn't happen here when and where else is it supposed to happen? 

Yes this is the Avatar thread so discuss Avatar here. It is possible to have a conversation about how much Avatar will make without making it into a versus thread. We have seen it over years how such versus conversations devolve into trolling, especially when it involves fanboy heavy franchises like Avatar, MCU, DC, etc. which is why we discourage such discussions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Aquaman 2 is gone, now replaced by Shazam 2, same date

Shame really, Shazam 1 was the best superhero movie of the 2010's and I wanted the sequel to do well

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Shame really, Shazam 1 was the best superhero movie of the 2010's and I wanted the sequel to do well

It’ll do just fine. Probably increase 50-75% globally from the first. Avatar will still beat it by 3-5x but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a success for its own merits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

It’ll do just fine. Probably increase 50-75% globally from the first. Avatar will still beat it by 3-5x but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a success for its own merits.

hope you're right

was anything avatar-2-wise announced during Disney investor conference call?

18 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

hope you're right

was anything avatar-2-wise announced during Disney investor conference call?

Nah. They mentioned that it’s coming and it would be “mind blowing” but nothing beyond that.

1 minute ago, PenguinXXR said:

Nah. They mentioned that it’s coming and it would be “mind blowing” but nothing beyond that.

"mind blowing" again?

3rd exec to have said that

Wonder if that'll be their marketing line

34 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Not to make this a Shazam thread but it's definitely better counterprogramming than Aquaman with its relatively grounded tone. Sherlock Holmes did pretty well against the original.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

I mean, I'm sure there've been some unfinished footage tests over the last few months, but given how tight a ship has been run so far I wouldn't take any kind of reaction leaking as a given (and goddamn do I hope they don't. Don't need dramatic overreactions and conjectures clogging up this thread more than it already is.)

Edited by AniNate