Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Then Roger Dean ripped off René Magritte and nature.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

"Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief"

Cameron should give Dean money and tells his Avatar 2 designers that they should stop digging their 70's fantasy artbooks to find inspiration when they're told to design psychedelical rain forest and creatures because it's obvious that's that type of stuff (With Moebius Heavy Metal thrown in the mix) they will ultimately draw influence from directly or indirectly.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

lol i'm pretty sure i saw those floating rocks in dragon ball z as a kid !

its a hard life being a billion dollar film-maker ! i hope the world and myself are still around when these films come out, pandora fan for life that place is just lush and rich and appeals to the fantasies of this sedentary movie geek 

lol i'm pretty sure i saw those floating rocks in dragon ball z as a kid !

its a hard life being a billion dollar film-maker ! i hope the world and myself are still around when these films come out, pandora fan for life that place is just lush and rich and appeals to the fantasies of this sedentary movie geek 

I'm sure Spielberg, Lucas, Nolan, Bay, Cameron they all are living fatantically.

• Like 1

James Cameron Says 'Man Of Steel' & 'Iron Man 3' Probably Didn't Have To Be In 3D

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/james-cameron-says-man-of-steel-iron-man-3-probably-didnt-have-to-be-in-3d-20130705?

"I do not think Hollywood is using the 3D properly," he said at the conference, with Laverdad (via The Film Stage) recapping the higlights. "The reason I say that Hollywood is not doing well is because it is automatic. For example, 'The Man of Steel,' 'Iron Man' and all those movies should not necessarily be in 3D. If you spend 150 million on visual effects, the film is already going to be spectacular, perfect." You would think that the same logic would apply to Cameron's already expensive "Avatar," but it was shot in 3D, whereas the superhero flicks were conversion jobs, and that's where the difference lies.

"One thing is shooting in 3D and another to convert to 3D. After 'Avatar' changed everything, good and bad movies, everything has to be in 3D since 'Avatar.' The problem I see now is that instead of it being a filmmaker issue is a matter of the studios to make money and are pushing 3D to directors who are not comfortable or do not like 3D," Cameron elaborated. 

But hypocrisy and ego or not, Cameron isn't wrong -- both "Man Of Steel" and "Iron Man 3" weren't particularly made better by 3D. But the big question is what is Cameron going to do with the format and special effects in the developing "Avatar" sequels to push the envelope again? Well, he isn't aiming to top himself in that department exactly. "...we are not going to invent a new 3D or (new system of) CG. We're going to go a little more to strive for creativity," he said.

And what's after those "Avatar" movies? Well, Cameron is still going on about making "Battle Angel," which he says will start moving in earnest in 2017, and will be about "trans-humans" or something. We think 2017 is an optimistic time frame, but sure, we'll go along with that for now. Anyway, check out an excerpt from the Cameron/Cuarón chat below.