Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

18 minutes ago, Avatar Research said:

Hey Everyone, I have just got back from the London Premiere I will post my ticket as proof. I have to say it is the best sequel I have seen since TDK. It blows all expectations out of the water. 

My video project has grown much bigger since I last posted and a much larger youtuber called Internet Historian contacted me about working on the history of Avatar Haters so it will have to wait. 

Thank you all for the continued support and information. @hw64 and @IronJimbo I believe you will be vindicated. Have a great day! 

vdPxiEN.png

Thanks for the report, based historian. Happy for you that you got to see the film, and glad you loved it!

19 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

amazing :)

I guess it makes sense to wait to see how the box office does before making an internet historian vid!

Iron jimbo I feel the fans doing the pandorian strut for Avatar domination is close. What are guesses as this will be Cameron's largest ow I'm sure

205-220m ow or higher domestically?

yeah

no reason for me to doom, apart from a couple of individual critics who really did not like the 1st one, reactions from actual critics all seem pretty great, might be willing to revive a prediction for a MC score in the low 80's, the blogs who broke the reaction embargo had a pretty muted response to it, not sure what was at play there (I hope its not something stupid)

still a bit dissapointing overall but im sure ill have a great time, both at the theater and here

6 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Iron jimbo I feel the fans doing the pandorian strut for Avatar domination is close. What are guesses as this will be Cameron's largest ow I'm sure

205-220m ow or higher domestically?

Definitely over $180m domestic, not sure how much higher but this isn't where Avatar 2 will make its money. The Word Of mouth is going to be insane and the reactions have confirmed this.

Best CGI ever seen on screen

Best 3D ever seen on screen

visually breathtaking

Amazing action sequences

Big Emotions

Cameron 3rd act thriller

everything that audiences love basically, the first movie x100 (thanks kate), or even on steriods (thanks zoe)

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think it's pretty weird very few reactions talk about some plot points or characters specific. I mean even for bad movies, they could say: "wow, this character is good / steal the show." I'm not sure if Disney ask them not to write anything about them.

review embargo?

I am also confused I haven't seen anyone mentioned Quaritch. I've seen people metion Jake, Neyitir, Lo'ak so far tho

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

I think it's pretty weird very few reactions talk about some plot points or characters specific. I mean even for bad movies, they could say: "wow, this character is good / steal the show." I'm not sure if Disney ask them not to write anything about them.

I've seen many saying the kids are great adds to the movie and are compelling characters, but yeah nothing very specific. 

But i don't think it's Disney asking, i think is just that it's a brief commentary and the experience is the most important thing to talk about first.

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

review embargo?

I am also confused I haven't seen anyone mentioned Quaritch. I've seen people metion Jake, Neyitir, Lo'ak so far tho

Quaritch is heavily tied to spoilers, which is probably why nobody has really mentioned the character or Lang's performance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Avatar Research said:

Hey Everyone, I have just got back from the London Premiere I will post my ticket as proof. I have to say it is the best sequel I have seen since TDK. It blows all expectations out of the water. 

My video project has grown much bigger since I last posted and a much larger youtuber called Internet Historian contacted me about working on the history of Avatar Haters so it will have to wait. 

Thank you all for the continued support and information. @hw64 and @IronJimbo I believe you will be vindicated. Have a great day! 

vdPxiEN.png

Thank you Avatar Research. Im ready for the Return! 

1 minute ago, hw64 said:

Quaritch is heavily tied to spoilers, which is probably why nobody has really mentioned the character or Lang's performance.

how would disney coordinate this? I feel like people not mentioning quaritch is the one thing outside of my expecatation. I do agree it feels like they're purposely not mentioning him

1 minute ago, danziger said:

Biggest surprise to me is the major props the kids are getting. Critics are usually harshest on young characters/actors, especially in scifi, so this is a great sign not just for Avatar 2 but for the franchise's longevity.

I remember seeing something saying they were putting Britian Dalton forward for best supporting actor, pretty cool honestly.

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

how would disney coordinate this? I feel like people not mentioning quaritch is the one thing outside of my expecatation. I do agree it feels like they're purposely not mentioning him

With NDAs, and the potential to have your career in the film industry damaged if you slip up — the usual stuff, nothing special.

Just now, hw64 said:

With NDAs, and the potential to have your career in the film industry damaged if you slip up — the usual stuff, nothing special.

ah, you reckon the music is under NDA too? or is that something people don't normally mention

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Definitely over $180m domestic, not sure how much higher but this isn't where Avatar 2 will make its money. The Word Of mouth is going to be insane and the reactions have confirmed this.

Best CGI ever seen on screen

Best 3D ever seen on screen

visually breathtaking

Amazing action sequences

Big Emotions

Cameron 3rd act thriller

everything that audiences love basically, the first movie x100 (thanks kate), or even on steriods (thanks zoe)

Man I would love JC to join the 200m OW club. And agreed its the multiplier and folks domestic and worldwide that will keep returning that will make this run the new all time champ.

Watch again the amazing 15-20% drop or could we a drop.of 8% -10% like in 2009??😱😱

2nd weekend drop I'm going to be screaming  if Avatar 2 holds to 150-170 mil+ range after 180-200 m OW Iron Jimbo. 

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

ah, you reckon the music is under NDA too? or is that something people don't normally mention

saw someone mention that quaritch was pretty well developed and another mention that the score was worse than the trailers implied while a third mentioned the weekends song was meh

Just now, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Good news for you then, you won’t be screaming ;) 

We will see lol. 

Last film drop was 9-10 % lol for OW2.

Given this has a mesmerizing effect I can definitely  see 20-25% drop. Now if it holds better than the original. I won't be the only one domestically screaming.

Top gun2 domestic in a far behind  2nd place looks like it's a lock now.

Cameron didnt drop the ball.  The few Avatat for domination  Haters worse.nightmare is all coming true.