Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, Derpity said:

That seems like an awfully low preview multiplier to me

Certainly possible that it is. It's my belief that initial hype from the sturdier fans + families backloading into the holidays will play a factor in OW looking a bit more front loaded than it otherwise might. 

8 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Certainly possible that it is. It's my belief that initial hype from the sturdier fans + families backloading into the holidays will play a factor in OW looking a bit more front loaded than it otherwise might. 

I wonder about that though. Friday/Sat/Sun sales seem very strong on every tracker I've seen so far. But will be interesting to see if that fades off I guess.

Anyway, I browsed through last few pages and damn, that's a lof of raves. Was thinking low 80s but more like high 80s+ now maybe.

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Well you can tell he doesnt want Avatar 2 to be huge so hes lowballing it to 160s lol. Im thinking at least 20-50 M more than that for OW1 ;) 

$160m would still be an excellent domestic OW. I'll be shocked if Avatar 2 opens to $200m+ considering how leggy it's likely to be.

Dan Murrell was always very Meh on Avatar, very dismissive, but here it actually seems like he's impressed and kind of like it.

Sasha Stone (Awardsdaily) is pretty much loving it, I mean she knows her Oscars and she thinks this not only is in for best picture nomination, but likely director as well (which puts the film at pretty much top 5).

Edited by NCsoft

19 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

@ThomasNicole Those last tweets weren't insanely positive! Meltdowns will soon commence off of them :excited:

Robert Pattinson Reaction GIF by Regal

Yeah, Slant reads as 7/10 and the guy from Ebert maybe 8/10 (i mean he used the word spectacular about 2/3 of it) 

But i don't doubt someone can see it and have a meltdown thinking this critics posts the "omg it's perfect" reactions lol

Edited by ThomasNicole

6 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

$160m would still be an excellent domestic OW. I'll be shocked if Avatar 2 opens to $200m+ considering how leggy it's likely to be.

True but Im taking into acct the crazy anticipation of the cameron and all those titanic and Avatar Fans that could make a raid on the box office even though we are all in our 40s up .. Lol This movie like NWH makes me many times more want to get to a theater.. That is saying something,. Brother Dragoncaine and agreed 160M OW in the winter is still huge but I want a bigger OW for a movie 13 yrs in the making thats finally here with the name Avatar attached. :)