Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

The Hollywood Reporter writer (this one was funny, love this way of praise something quickly)

these comments are probably my favorites

that's one of Cameron's most lethal weapon. Excellent pacing = excellent repeat business

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Man I would love JC to join the 200m OW club. And agreed its the multiplier and folks domestic and worldwide that will keep returning that will make this run the new all time champ.

Watch again the amazing 15-20% drop or could we a drop.of 8% -10% like in 2009??😱😱

2nd weekend drop I'm going to be screaming  if Avatar 2 holds to 150-170 mil+ range after 180-200 m OW Iron Jimbo. 

I think its impossible due to Christmas Eve, well unless it opens to something ridiculous like 250mil+, but its not going to fo that.

100mil 2nd weekend should be a fair target though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Over $149M

4th weekend is what anyone who wants a weekened record should be looking at right?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

ah, you reckon the music is under NDA too? or is that something people don't normally mention

No, I don't think the music is the sort of thing that would be NDA'd. I've seen a few people remark on it, and the consensus seems to be that it was just "OK".

9 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

2nd weekend drop I'm going to be screaming  if Avatar 2 holds to 150-170 mil+ range after 180-200 m OW Iron Jimbo. 

While I'd love to be witness to such an incredible hold - and I hate to use the word I'm about to use - this will be pretty much impossible, particularly with Christmas eve on the Saturday of the second weekend. I think what will be more interesting to follow will be the day-to-day performance from opening weekend and over the holidays. It can still have an exceptional performance overall without an insane second weekend hold. That is the potential of the holiday period. :)  

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

how would disney coordinate this? I feel like people not mentioning quaritch is the one thing outside of my expecatation. I do agree it feels like they're purposely not mentioning him

I remember seeing something saying they were putting Britian Dalton forward for best supporting actor, pretty cool honestly.

Wow. Does he play the human child or a Navi child of Jake and Nefertiri or other?

More than weekend records and all that (this film is going to be more about legs than up front grosses imo), i'm more interested in seeing what the 4 week days between Christmas and New year can bring. I'm sure it has a shot at 20+mil for each of those 4 days, but could it hit 30mil for each of the 4 week days?, 40mil?.

This run is going to be so exciting. I'm sure there are going to be ups and downs, meltdowns and jubilations lol.

13 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

4th weekend is what anyone who wants a weekened record should be looking at right?

If you want to be Bullish, the 3rd weekend record is possible with something like 180m -> 108m -> 92m.

If by some miracle it takes the 2nd weekend record with the calendar this year, then you can just lock in a billion domestic.

1 minute ago, AndyChrono said:

If you want to be Bullish, the 3rd weekend record is possible with something like 180m -> 108m -> 92m.

If by some miracle it takes the 2nd weekend record with the calendar this year, then you can just lock in a billion domestic.

If it took the 2nd weekend record with this configuration we would be looking at $1.3B+ domestically. My target is $84.5M for a top 10 2nd weekend.

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

More than weekend records and all that (this film is going to be more about legs than up front grosses imo), i'm more interested in seeing what the 4 week days between Christmas and New year can bring. I'm sure it has a shot at 20+mil for each of those 4 days, but could it hit 30mil for each of the 4 week days?, 40mil?.

This run is going to be so exciting. I'm sure there are going to be ups and downs, meltdowns and jubilations lol.

Yes indeed it's just exciting to see a very huge ow with Mega legs Stuart. Though we have to wait I can see Topgun 2 falling really far behind domestically now and Avatar2 surpassing Force Awakens domestically 

10 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

My target for those 4 days (Dec. 26 - 29) would be about $115M composite. 

5 minutes ago, AndyChrono said:

Shoot I'm seeing folks thinking this could do avengers ww  run domestically(1.5b domestic??) Insanity.

I'm hoping for 1.09b domestic or 1.05. If it Flys over these margins i won't be complaining.