Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

that was one the things I was wondering and what lead to the disclaimer in my long post; will the usual "reactions exaggerate quality relative to reviews" praxis still apply considering how many different people are seeing it?

Honestly, no 

The hyperbolic reactions is always from influencers, which are usually the ones at premieres. And overall they´re reactions for Avatar is pretty good, despite no hyperbolic [maybe because this isn´t a SH movie that brings many likes and interest].

The actual critics usually watch later and they rarely overhyped things, their reactions is always more down to earth unless it´s a masterpiece or something, and overall they´re liking Avatar and i think it´s trustable opinions. Anyway, overall since everyone is watching Avatar, the reactions here is a way more realiable preview of the reception than usual.

52 minutes ago, Elessar said:

We watched T2 in elementary school during class. One friend's father had a video store, so he was the coolest kid in town. However, the film was too long so we only got to the part where the truck hit the steelwork. Still remember how mesmerized i was. I've been a huge fan of Cameron ever since (and since T1 which i think i saw earlier on TV). Some time after that, i desperatedly wanted to see Aliens so i bought a 2nd hand VCR just so i can put in the tape which i obtained from a clearence sale. Ah, fun times....

A few years back I saw T2 on 70mm at the Prince Charles Cinema in London and it was like seeing it again for the first time. If you ever get the chance to see it big and loud on 70mm, it’s genuinely something else.

Back to Avatar though, is it just me that doesn’t mind the cheesy dialogue “complaints” that I keep seeing? Jake saying “I bank so hard” is one of me and my girlfriend’s favourite bits of the first film! 😂

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"just great"

It's supposedly better than the first movie... which was more than great

Correcto Mundo!. There was no movie that blended breakthrough involving visuals and storytelling like avatar since Titanic. But it's the same basically aiming to beat himself and Cameron and his team manage to do it each and every time for unmatched and glorious results.

44 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

We would all of loved the film to get near unanimous praise, like Top Gun got, but that was never going to happen with AVATAR. Just too many agenda's against it, too many people against it.

Personally, I find Top Gun overrated. It was a fun 80s throwback with some cool action but as the movie went on that action became a little same-y. Anyone that complaints about Avatar being cheesy, Top Gun had cheese and cliches in spades.

Edited by Elessar

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Back to Avatar though, is it just me that doesn’t mind the cheesy dialogue “complaints” that I keep seeing? Jake saying “I bank so hard” is one of me and my girlfriend’s favourite bits of the first film! 😂

Oh ffs lol. I have seen the film so many times and i never thought of that line in the way your meaning. I'm never going to be able to watch that scene the same again ha.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/black-panther-2-first-reactions-marvel-1235412742/

ok im trolling, but never use a trades aggregation of reactions as proof of anything

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The absolute  devastation of pretenders to Avatar and Cameron's throne like Top Gun and Jpw3 will commence!

And that 1.05-1.1 billy domestic predictions are looking more and more plausible iron Jim and all our fellow pandorians.

" They think they can take what the want and no one does a thing about it!

" This has always been Pandorians land. All other movies just paying rent to occupy some worthy bo space  for a little while"

Welcome Home Jake Sully and Neferteri...Welcome Home!🏋‍♀️🦾💯

37 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Totally agree with @NCsoft here — the repeated praise of the third act is an especially important takeaway from these reactions.

Yes, this too!

Can't stress enough how important it is to leave the audience with an emotional high leaving the theaters.

• Like 1