Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

27 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Dude its literally impossible to go as low as you're prediciting. Its going to have a worldwide opening around 600mil, which would mean 2 times legs to hit your 1.2bil total, at Christmas time, with good reviews, and little competition.

Even if the film had absolutely terrible reviews, it would do more than 2x legs at Christmas time.

Its 'literally' impossible bud. 2bil is locked and its going to go way higher than that.

I  would think at this point with China ready to go and lots of strong markets operating  2.2B WW is a lock the way the Reviews and  Audiences reactions and at least 760- 800M Domestic.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

FYI the China covid surge has started fading, so things are honestly looking pretty good there now too

It always amaze me how things changes so fast in China. I mean... sometimes in a matter of hours the prognostic and enviroment changes there.

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Agreed, 2.2 billion is pretty much guaranteed. Will be a great battle with TITANIC WW, depends on China. Reviews are pretty mixed as expected, WoM should be similar to the first one with less enthusiasm regarding 3D.

Pretty mixed is a huge cap. Reviews are pretty solid albeit not spectacular...

11 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I feel like the government there is more obsessed with covid than the people. The people will show up to the theatre.

We should not forget Chinese people are being put by government for last 3 years on strict covid restrictions and for sure many citizens think they still need to do self-isolation even now.

From Bruce in Chinese thread:
"For now i think we should take the low box office range for china

I noticed that there are ton of people complain about the government loose the zero-coid policy and said they won't come out until they get safe...the presale trends is abnormal,so....I expected CHINA now is 400m"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Agreed, 2.2 billion is pretty much guaranteed. Will be a great battle with TITANIC WW, depends on China. Reviews are pretty mixed as expected, WoM should be similar to the first one with less enthusiasm regarding 3D.

Alfred my brother in ARMS... How the heck are you.... YES This is the TRUE KAL :).... Been so long my friend. 

Are you ready to go back to Pandora and we be caught up in the worldwind yet again.. Its happening.. 

Blessings to you and the family and our Family here on BOT  from the Most high in the name of  Yeshua/ Jesus Christ!!

16 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

Pretty mixed is a huge cap. Reviews are pretty solid albeit not spectacular...

Shoot seems they are looking spectacular in my opinion (7out of 10 people saying better than everything in the last decade-Wow)

. Rem this is not a short film. So for audiences to be coming out mostly in awe when there experiencing your vision for  so long is testament to the power of Cameron as a film maker.

I cant wait to see the repeat business across the board..... World Record Headlines Pandorians and Cameron Fans are coming Brother Flamengo81.

We can and will break the Avatar 1s 2.9 B WW

" TO LIVE HERE!"  " YOU HAVE TO RIDE!"

Headlines to Watch For:

Avatar 2 Way of the Way of the Water  is an absolute Triumph!!" 

"  Avatar 2   Way of the Water has now surpassed 1B domestic with no end in site.. Film at Eleven

" WHAT DOES AEEWAY HEART SOUND LIKE??!"  " MIGHTY!"

3.5B WW+

" LETS GET IT DONE!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Weren't the Chinese protesting against Covid-19 lockdowns and now they are against loosening the restrictions? 🙃

People are polarized these days; some will protest some will follow gov even if it means another year of lockdown

Edited by adaros
  • Sad 1

Once again on social media the haters are desperately distorting the reviews, saying they only praise the visuals, but a big majority also like the characters and story, far outweighing the criticism. This above review is another example: "James Cameron does a really good job with the characters in this movie. The standouts were actually the kids ... the children were really fascinating."

• Like 1