Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

16 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

Today is the day fans have been waiting for however brace your self for disappointing numbers domestic and Over seas. Hope y'all enjoy the film.

I'm only bracing for how hard this movie is going to slap

but thanks, your sincere concern is appreciated

• Like 2

The Way of Water was and is good, don't know what people were talking about bad script and dialogue. Have been noticing that a lot of times when people say bad dialogue they are talking about the idealized dialogue (how people hope to talk, not how they really talk, you know a lot of people talk silly) there is on what people call "good movies" that  joker half pseudo-philosophy blah type dialogue (The Dark Knight, The Prestige type dialogue). 

The pacing was not bad at all, it even felt it began fast. Fast introduction and from then on to the movie. It was good.

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 3

After a day finishing the movie, I still have a hard time to decide if A2 is better than A1 or vice versa. I definitely love the characters in A2 a lot more but the music and pacing drive A1 overall viewing experience more complete. And the hometree destroyed scene was a huge stellar point. 

For now I will call a tie until my 2nd viewing this weekend. 

Top Markets:

3.3 M Korea

2.9 M China (previews)

2.9 M France

2.5 M Germany

1.6 M Italy

1.5 M Mexico (previews)

1.0 M Brazil (previews)

0.8 M Indonesia

0.6 M Sweden

0.6 M Thailand

0.6 M Denmark

0.5 M Norway

0.5 M Netherlands

Edited by kayumanggi

Ahead of today’s openings, strong preview figures (not included in the $15.8M to date) have been reported in Latin America. In Mexico, the film has generated previews totaling $1.5M, while Brazil has an estimated $1M in previews. Despite only being in previews, Avatar: The Way of Water was #1 in all the Latin American territories yesterday, with a total of $4.4M across the Latin America region as a whole.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/avatar-the-way-of-water-wednesday-opening-day-takes-15-8m-in-15-overseas-markets/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Elessar said:

This is the kind of thing i always feel the general masses respnd to the most, tv spots and posters plastered with super positive critic quotes.

I'm sure they are going to ramp up with these now the reviews are out, and i feel they WILL have an effect as the days go on.

I expect Chritsmas week to be massive.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1