Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/avatar-sequels-james-cameron-1201517459/

Fox exec speaks to  investors. Xmas 2017 and I agree with fans they are also delaying it to coincide with avatar land opening in the big Disney theme parks in 2017 all.

I really hope 2017 happens.

• Like 1

AVATAR was racist? LOL The things people detractors will make up just to belittle the film. Get over it, haters. AVATAR got great reviews, extraordinary word of mouth, Oscar love, and the biggest box office take ever. And no matter how much you want to believe that audiences hated the film and that they only liked the “shiny colors,” you don't even believe it yourself because facts don’t lie: it was a well-loved, well-reviewed smash that only a very vocal minority of internet fanboys hate. Bye. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I really hope 2017 happens.

Seems crazy. They didn't even start filming yet and for the first one they needed around 30 days for live action and then another 30 for motion-capture. Including weekends that's almost 3 months for just one movie. And now they have to make three movies. And something like Warcraft is in post-production since last summer but still wasn't rated by MPAA so I'd guess 18 months of PP for one Avatar movie is a complete minimum. More likely it's even more.

Can swsbeat. JP world ttshis yr and get close to even titan and juggernaut 2009 domestic stats. Tracking is huge, its got the powers of the ages with the original cast but does it have staying power?  Share your thoughts  all. On Dec 25 2017 the king returns to break the bank for the third time in a row.

On 11/11/2015, 5:45:21, Cochofles said:

AVATAR was racist? LOL The things people detractors will make up just to belittle the film. Get over it, haters. AVATAR got great reviews, extraordinary word of mouth, Oscar love, and the biggest box office take ever. And no matter how much you want to believe that audiences hated the film and that they only liked the “shiny colors,” you don't even believe it yourself because facts don’t lie: it was a well-loved, well-reviewed smash that only a very vocal minority of internet fanboys hate. Bye. 

It's almost laughable dear cocoflies. I mean the whole world stated avatar deserved best pic at the Oscars and was robbed to give the first female director her due. And guess what she learned it all from James Cameron lol. It was his  ex wife who won. Lol. Now let's see over 50 film awards golden globe best director and picture all puts this bs nonsense by haters that avatar wasn't one of the most beloved films of all time cocoflies.  Avatar 2 is going to massacre sw7 and how combined we. Just wait

Shouldn't we give James Cameron the credit for the massive phenomenons of Titanic & Avatar?

He could be one of the main reasons those movies made over more $2B WW. Because Avatar was probably marketed as "From the director of Titanic!"

With that said....Anything over $3B WW is possible for this one.

I doubt that it would drop WW-wise because....drop obligated.....whatever.

Well, what you need to remember that the first Avatar made over $200M in China....back in 2009. Chinese markets has grown since then.

8 years isn't too long for a movie that is the highest grosser. If the movie wasn't very popular and only made decent amount of money...fine.. I would side with that...but we're talking about the highest grossing of all time....not the lamest film of 2009.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FTF said:

8 years is way too long (if it even comes out Dec 2017), I think this is dropping $500m+ ww from the first and $2b ww is not locked.

Avatar 2 is the first movie ever that you could say 2 B is locked, even if it drops like crazy Domestically and in Europe (which is not necessarily going to happen), China alone could deliver 700 Million (which is about 500 Million more than Avatar itself), considering that, 8 years of inflation, and expanding markets outside of China, there's no way that this film could dip below 2 Billion (when the original made almost 2.8 B, more than 3 Billion is a more likely scenario for Avatar 2, after all, Avatar adjusted for inflation would be over 3B worldwide today, that doesn't even account for market expansion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

If jpworld, furious , and sws have this hype. Let's see what juggernaut 2017 will reap on the world.

As a complete aside, Kal, please change your username to something more familiar. :lol: The system changed it to your login name. Just PM me or another Admin and we'll change it to whatever you say.