Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Another delay for this will cause Kal and Co. to have a meltdown over this, not to mention having to endure even more bullshit for an additional year because of it...

I wonder what would happen to poor Kal if Cameron announced he was abandoning any further films in the franchise. :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah, AVATAR 2 is going to beat the fuck out of a movie that just trounced it Domestically with VII, so if I were you, I wouldn't bet the farm on that one just yet...

lmao boy dont argue with me on this avatar v star wars shit go take a nap

Logically, I can see the heads of Fox and IMAX practically begging Cameron to take summer 2018 and run with it. Anything else would undercut the film's BO potential severely.

Or maybe this is the one time Cameron's ego eats him alive, he says FUCK IT, and gets run over by VIII because the vast majority of IMAX/3D screens are taken.

• Like 1

If Avatar 2 does get pushed to December 2018 that would still put it head to head with Episode 9 if the sequels are supposed to be every year. I don't think any movie studio wants to face what could be a huge conclusion to the new Star Wars trilogy.

Both Disney and Cameron are going to want IMAX for extended periods. They can't open at the same time. Avatar needs to move if it happens.

Edited by somebody85

19 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

This realistically need to start filming by late Spring 2016 to meet release date, even that would be a small post production window for a heavy cgi film

Not gonna happen.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (Zoe Saldana) will start filming in February 2016.

I put this in another thread, but should have gone here.  20th Century Fox and Cameron couldn't put it anywhere near Star Wars even if they wanted to.  

It is more than a dick measuring contest, it is a logistics issue.  There simply isn't the theater space (especially 3D screens) to accommodate 2 gigantic 3D releases like this.  Star Wars has officially staked out December 2017 and Avatar would have to move no matter what or face making domestic theaters choose between it and Star Wars.  

The politics behind the scenes would be pretty funny.  Who do you think film bookers are going to fear being leaned on, 20th Century Fox and their relatively mediocre slate of films or Disney that has the power of Lucasfilm/Marvel/Pixar/Disney Animation/Buena Vista behind it?  The second that a film booker from any theater chain doesn't give it what it wants on Star Wars and want to give it to Avatar, they are going to say "ok, then when Avengers: Infinity War and Toy Story 4 come out next year, then you can pound sand while we withhold or reduce your usual allocation of prints from you and give extra screens to your competition.  Still want to give those screens to 20th Century Fox and Avatar?"

Avatar is going to have to find somewhere else to play that is a minimum of 4-6 weeks away from Episode VIII or Episode IX.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, KidFlash said:

Logically, I can see the heads of Fox and IMAX practically begging Cameron to take summer 2018 and run with it. Anything else would undercut the film's BO potential severely.

Or maybe this is the one time Cameron's ego eats him alive, he says FUCK IT, and gets run over by VIII because the vast majority of IMAX/3D screens are taken.

Summer would be a really bad time of year for these movies. There is nothing guaranteeing this has any kind of huge OW. It is far more likely to be leggy like the first, and summer is a bad time for it to try to do that. Nothing has really occupied December '18 yet, it should be fine there. Otherwise Cameron will have to wait until December 2020, since December '19 is basically already staked out as IX's territory. 

3 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

It really started when The FORCE AWAKENS beat AVATAR Domestic, or was on the verge of doing so and as a result of this, Kal didn't expect such a thing to happen and recruited some of his family members to go on a Crusade with him in drumming up Hype for AVATAR 2 in some desperate, futile attempt to steal the thunder away from STAR WARS.. From that point on, it's been 1 big clusterfuck after another and I'm afraid, it's only going to get worse..

Awesome, BKB. I just cannot stop laughing and the best part is that it is likely to be true also.:lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

GIVE real Lightsabers to James Cameron and JJ Abrams, and whoever chops off the head of the other first wins and gets to keep the movie they are backing on the Dec 2007 release date.

Why are you bringing time travel into this?