Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

The director’s Lightstorm Entertainment and Peter Jackson’s Weta Digital said Tuesday the companies had officially teamed up with the tech software company Autodesk to develop virtual production software for the average consumer user. Currently available with certain products, the technology will also be used by Cameron as he preps to shoot the two sequels to his highly lucrative 2009 action adventure “Avatar.”

Yes. I'm predicting that The Hobbit will have TPM type effect. People are longing to get back to middle earth.

Avatar only reached great heights almost entirely because of the hype of the 3D. People pretty much know what to expect now, so only those who really loved the story will check out the second one. I know a lot of people that walked out of the theater talking about how awesome Avatar was, but today if you asked them about the film they would give a "meh" response. Avatar 2 will suffer because of it.

Posted Image
  • Like 2

Breaking:Cameron's Cameron Pace Group today just annouced a Tianjin based joint venture with two Chinese companies, to develop 3D film equipment and provide training for making the movies.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-08/james-cameron-company-forms-3d-movie-venture-in-china-s-tianjin.htmlhttp://news.xinhuanet.com/english/photo/2012-08/08/c_131768765.htm

Avatar 2 definitely won't reach the heights of the first one domestically. I'm not even sure about 500m. But obviously, it's a long way out right now.

If it was anoher director I probably will agree with you. But this is the guy behind two of the best sequels of all time, so topping the first is possible.

Avatar 2 definitely won't reach the heights of the first one domestically. I'm not even sure about 500m. But obviously, it's a long way out right now.

Haven't done the math or looked at all sequels, but wouldn't the be the biggest fall for a sequel?

Haven't done the math or looked at all sequels, but wouldn't the be the biggest fall for a sequel?

I'm pretty sure that other sequels have had bigger drops. Narnia would be one example. LWW made almost 300M, but PC made about 150M. That's a 50% drop.I'm somewhat doubtful of 500M+. I believe the first one was an anomaly, and that the second one will drop back to normal blockbuster levels.

Seriously? TDKR came of a film that was made huge by a stars death and is still managing a total of 450m. I fail to see how Avatar 2 which will be one of the most (or arguably the most) anticipated sequels of all time could fail to hot 500mil with 3 more years of inflation and 3d.When certain posters on here use their friends as examples as how this movie isnt that well liked just make laugh. If 3d was the only selling point for this movie hen someone explain to me how it still managed to smash DVD records aswell?

When certain posters on here use their friends as examples as how this movie isnt that well liked just make laugh. If 3d was the only selling point for this movie hen someone explain to me how it still managed to smash DVD records aswell?

Anecdotal "evidence" always makes me laugh.

"Don't you know that in spite of AVATAR's extraordinary word of mouth and repeat business, everyone in America hated the film? I know because I went to see the film and everyone in my group hated it, and we saw tons of people at the theatre bashing the film once they got out of the theatre. And I remember seeing more than a couple of people asking for refunds.

They all said that the film's story was crap and that the love story didn't do anything for them and that it was all about the spectacle of the 3D. And they saw the film more than once just to make sure they knew exactly how crappy the film was. The DVD sold that well because those millions and millionsof people who WERE NOT moved by the story simply wanted to spend money on the DVD just to bash and mock the film again. But you know how I know, without a shadow of a doubt that NOBODY liked the film? Because the internet says so."

Edited by cochofles
  • Like 3

Avatar made a 10x multiplier and 2.8 billion."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar got the BD and BP nominations at the Oscars."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar won the GG, and many other awards."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar smashing Blu-ray sales records."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."People painting up like a Navi and protecting their homelands in real life."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Real Pandora and Navi found by Nasa."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Cameron called his mother and told her he's gonna be married again."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Cameron went to the supermarket and bought a shaver."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."

• Like 4