Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

You re all forgetting one thing about Cameron : he s harder on  himself than on his cast and crew.

Plenty of people said that about him, on how hard he works on every single aspect of his films.

On a set, he s like a maniac, obsessed, working more than anybody else.

For the Abyss, if memory serves he had created a spot in the water tank, under the water, that allowed him to edit the movie ( while everyone was back at the hotel, chilling ) because depressurization took too much time ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MrPink said:

I'm just gonna say the thought of kids having learned to stay 3-4 minutes underwater really unnerves me and I hope that filming goes perfectly smooth.

They prob have scooby dude dives right next to them.

Jim almost died on the set of Abyss.

http://techland.time.com/2009/12/14/james-cameron-almost-died-making-the-abyss/2/

Starts half way down the second page.

TLDR: Cameron out of air at the bottom of the tank, he starts ascending to the surface but has to breath out all the air in his lungs so they don't explode. Close to the top a safety diver stops him as he is meant to and gives him an oxygen mask, except this oxygen mask was broken. The diver holds on to gym to prevent him exploding his lungs, he thinks Cameron is panicked so he is trying his hardest to save him. Cameron had to punch the diver to escape his grasp.

• Astonished 1