Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

James Cameron and fox knew that this deal will happen since 2014 or 2015, hence the delay in production of Avatar sequels. They might have been working with Disney in terms of scheduling of these movies.

Seems to be the case now doesn't it.

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Ney is now a Disney princess - going to have to revise my prediction even higher now... 

:chaplin: Princess NeyNey :chaplin:

31 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Now that this is Disney, Disney will buy out the critics as well as the theaters (so they'll report higher numbers, duh).

Thus, this is going to be

345m OW / 1.78B DOM / 2.87B China / 12 BILLION DOLLAHS WW!!!

proportional closer to the real total than the AJG's original $600m prediction.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Now that this is Disney, Disney will buy out the critics as well as the theaters (so they'll report higher numbers, duh).

Thus, this is going to be

345m OW / 1.78B DOM / 2.87B China / 12 BILLION DOLLAHS WW!!!

Honestly if you think the numbers I'm throwing are just a joke, then perhaps you should throw out your prediction and then we see whose the fool in 2020.

My current estimate is $3.7b world wide.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

James Cameron and fox knew that this deal will happen since 2014 or 2015, hence the delay in production of Avatar sequels. They might have been working with Disney in terms of scheduling of these movies.

One thing is for sure now, no Star Wars movie or any big Disney release will share the release date or open near any Avatar movies.

Edited by stephanos13

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

One thing is for sure now, no Star Wars movie or any big Disney release will share the release date or near any Avatar movies.

It's certain now, but I reckon they would have been strong-armed by Jim. Disney hates nothing more than losing money.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Hades said:

What if Cameron drops out of directing if the deal  with Disney is approved?. I can only imagine the generic, safe and boring director Disney will replace him with....

These movies are Cameron's babies. Very, very low chance that he'll drop out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hades said:

What if Cameron drops out of directing if the deal  with Disney is approved?. I can only imagine the generic, safe and boring director Disney will replace him with....

Disney are the smartest film studio out there. They wont do something that stupid

7 minutes ago, Mrwick said:

Also wasnt fox relcutant to fund avatar in the first place causing cameron to get part funding elsewhere? 

Yes, he went to Disney to hardball fox, they rang him up because they couldn't pass up on the director of Titanic (still the greatest box office run to this day).

They weren't reluctant on the sequels though.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Yes, he went to Disney to hardball fox, they rang him up because they couldn't pass up on the director of Titanic (still the greatest box office run to this day).

They weren't reluctant on the sequels though.

If anything they gave him a blank check for the sequels. 

• Like 1