Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

Zoe Saldana recently gave an interview about her character Gamora in Avengers: Infinity War with the LA Times,

“We are just about finishing motion capture production on the [second and third] movies, and then after that, they go straight into pre-production for the live-action part that will shoot for six months in New Zealand. So we’re kind of only halfway done. [Laughs] It’s wonderful. We’re not complaining. We get to drive every day to Manhattan Beach and go to Pandora with our favorite director and my most favorite role model in this town.

I know I can speak for Sam Worthington right now, we are exhilarated — we get to be up against Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang, and we’re working with an amazing cast who are finally getting the opportunity to work with James Cameron. We are having a lot of fun.”

https://geektyrant.com/news/update-on-avatar-2-provided-by-zoe-saldana

Spoiler ???

Sigourney Weaver as a Villain ?

If that's true then Zoe's been a naughty girl.

I would guess that Weavers playing a new character completely which is a Na'vi. She probably hates the Sully family because Jake is an Avatar (human/na'vi hybird), so racism themes at play and stuff.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I would guess that Weavers playing a new character completely which is a Na'vi. She probably hates the Sully family because Jake is an Avatar (human/na'vi hybird), so racism themes at play and stuff.

Exactly my thoughts. 

And maybe she hates Jake that's why she's an ally of Humans or some new creatures. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Exactly my thoughts. 

And maybe she hates Jake that's why she's an ally of Humans or some new creatures. 

I was thinking that, since Grace is with Eywa, somehow Eywa re-embodies her to for some malicious purpose.

Perhaps Jake has somehow pissed off Eywa and so she sends Grace in a new Avatar body to take down Jake.

Then Quaritch comes into play somehow since both Quaritch and Eywa hate Jake, so they team together to take him down?

Far fetched maybe, but somewhat logical lol. Also don't know how he's bringing Quaritch back, I rewatched Avatar last night and he was quite clearly impaled twice very close to the heart, where it would be surgically impossible to bring him back.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

I would argue Villeneuve was given the money for BR2049, and pushed boundaries with that movie.

What is sad is the result at the box office. :whosad:

Hardly unexpected though seeing as not many really care for the original

4 hours ago, feasby007 said:

I was thinking that, since Grace is with Eywa, somehow Eywa re-embodies her to for some malicious purpose.

Perhaps Jake has somehow pissed off Eywa and so she sends Grace in a new Avatar body to take down Jake.

Then Quaritch comes into play somehow since both Quaritch and Eywa hate Jake, so they team together to take him down?

Far fetched maybe, but somewhat logical lol. Also don't know how he's bringing Quaritch back, I rewatched Avatar last night and he was quite clearly impaled twice very close to the heart, where it would be surgically impossible to bring him back.

Bringing Quaritch back is easy in this world, they have his DNA and he could easily be cloned back into existence, then again if they can "clone" maybe they can bring back to life, he's not the only one who died in the first movie who's coming back for round II, his right hand man Wainfleet will be back also after getting stomped/crushed to death. 

Grace coming back as a villain is interesting, I can easily see the conflict issue due to Jake not being "pure" even though Eywa allowed him to transfer into his Avatar body for good. 

• Like 1

Just done the quarterly rewatch of Avatar.

Those who say Avatar only did well because 3d are fools, it's of a different calibur than modern blockbusters.

What modern blockbusters compare? I can only think of LOTR

• Like 1

Those who say Avatar only did well because 3d are fools, it's of a different calibur than modern blockbusters.

" quarterly rewatch of Avatar."   

:whosad:

To me, once is more than enough.

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
e
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I love the idea of falling in love with LOTR, too bad I always fall asleep during the first watch through of FOTR, will try again sometime. 

3 hours ago, DMan7 said:

I doubt this movie even makes 0.3A given how long it took for this to come out, people have lost interest considerably.

We've seen thousands of statements like this regarding A2's box office performance. honestly, I see where you guys are coming from, you guys are expecting another Alice 2 using your perceived status of Avatar's "cultural relevancy".

I think the issue I have with these statements is that people don't really stop to examine the current conditions of global box office markets (I bet IW's performance still wouldn't change people's mind). If you think about it, developing market drives everything now. When IW inevitably surpasses TFA globally,  it would be like passing of the torch, from a movie that performed insanely primarily in the western world to a movie that performed really well across the globe, including developing markets. While I think Avatar 2 will do very well in the domestic and European markets, what's different is that it already has Asian developing markets cornered (its performance in those relatively small markets back in 2010 is amazing). Those markets are already insanely hot now but will become even bigger in 2020-2021, A2 is the only Hollywood film in the foreseeable that I think can gross $1B in China, that alone, is more than 0.3A.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Visually Avatar is an absolut Masterpiece,

emotionally though, it really isn't that good.

48 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I love the idea of falling in love with LOTR, too bad I always fall asleep during the first watch through of FOTR, will try again sometime. 

Give it a proper go and watch it during the day lol. Its great

• Like 1