Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

23 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Just like Titanic? jimlaughing.gif

I mean I could see why they would said that if he had made the highest grossing film of all time just once, but twice though?

Soon to be thrice.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean I could see why they would said that if he had made the highest grossing film of all time just once, but twice though?

Soon to be thrice.

I still find it crazy that Titanic is still unbeaten. I mean wtf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

It's called a re-release. Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Avengers: Infinity War both beat it on first run.

yeah but with context TItanic has the greatest single run of all time (ALL TIME).

nice try though

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I have seen that Iron Jimbo is the most toxic bot member. I also like James Cameron. But I think Iron Jimbo may be one of the most toxic fan ever atleast on Internet. 

No personal attacks please. Take it to the funnybook threads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

I am not doing personal attack. The way he say things about others is not good. 

Using a pejorative to describe an individual is by definition a personal attack. Jimbo is the heart and soul of this thread, by attacking him you're being a hypocrite (that is if my google definition of 'toxic' is correct.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JB33 said:

It's called a re-release. Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Avengers: Infinity War both beat it on first run.

That is true, but it should be kept in mind that Titanic didn’t benefit from 3D ticket prices in its initial run, and the foreign market was nowhere near what it is today either. 

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

I don't really get the whole "re releases don't count". Someone bought a ticket to see it in the cinema. Why does it matter if they did it on day 1 or day 50 or day 5000 of release. You think if there was a rerelease of the biggest film of 15 years ago, which was Shrek 2, you think Shrek 2 rerelease would add hundreds of millions of dollars? Its a credit to the film that people will still pay to rewatch it in cinema after all this time - or equally that it can attract new audiences despite being old.

• Like 1