Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 3/23/2019 at 8:13 AM, IronJimbo said:

Lmao what sorta idiots shit talk a 10 year old film with no sequels for GA not remembering the names of characters?

This the best angle they got? Seems desperate.

Lol indeed Iron Jimbo. Folks been desperate since titanic days to say JC cant do it again and as always cameron fans domestically and ww bury the haters or the work of Cameron makes those people convert to loyalists lol. Its Pandora time!!

....Avatar 2 will blow the box office

away..Welcome back James Cameron. WB.  Can we get 4 billion plus for Avatar II WW??

Kal-El of Bom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/23/2019 at 5:34 PM, IronJimbo said:

3 films - 6 films depending on character and a best-selling book series

You knew this of course

Oh loved alita but you do miss the James cameron as director to its overall quality. Rodriguez definitely gave us one hell of film under the influence of Jc tho. Hows it doing at the bo at this moment in time.  Heard it picked up some steam os and domestic Iron Jimbo buddy#! yeehawww!

Avatar 2 will blow the domestic and ww box office away..Welcome back James Cameron. WB.  Campaigning for Avatar 2020 Day.

Kal-El of Bom

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 10:28 PM, The Futurist said:

One Billie in China is almost locked.

Not quite a lock but if China goes all out showing their love for jc like they did for titanic and Avatar...We will certainly take down 700-800m mark in China and that 1 billion mark may crack too. Thats why you laugh at the 1.5 to 2b ww tops by the other franchise fans. If avengers can do 2 bil. Juggernaut 2020 can certainly do 2 to 3 times that potentially. Domestically is going to be interesting lol. Sws 2015 is on shakey grown.. Supposingly people are in awestruck with the footage shown at the new frame rate and what Jcs work has evolved to now

I can see 4dx level theaters built in CHINA AND SK just for this movie

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2019 at 12:00 AM, RaidensSword said:

There's only one name people need to remember when it comes to Avatar. James Cameron

There is no doubt about it, but trust and belive folks rem nearly every part of Avatar , Titanic and terminator 2..Thus is. why Jc is the one true king of epic game changing  movie making.

Avatar 2 will blow the box office

away..Welcome back James Cameron. WB.  Can we get 4 billion plus for Avatar II WW??

Kal-El of Bom

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Lol has more to do with the worlds love of the books than lotrs film quality tho. Trust and believe there are millons that can name every characters line in Avatar 1. And keep in mind avatar aint been around for nearly 83 years like lotr franchise (1937). 😁 lol

Well if it is by film quality I still prefer Lotr over almost anything even till this day I rewatch them every now and then. And me knowing the names has nothing to do with the books because I haven't red them yet (I want to but not in dutch).  But many older people have read the books first (maybe younger as well but most of my friends know lotr because of the movies and love it because of the movies)

I love how everyone pretends that Avatar 2 will make 1 Billion in China without any problems. Yes, the first one was extremely big considering the 2009/2010 China market situation. Yes, China generally likes spectacles and the Chinese probably have faith in Cameron likey many in the rest of the world.

However, all that doesnt mean it will be the biggest Hollywood film ever in the market. I personally dont see a scenario in any way where Avatar 2 will outgross Wolf Warrior 2 in China. The big WOW-effect of the first one is over, no matter how great the visuals may be in the sequel, the sense of a new cinema era, that the first one profited from, cant be replicated.

If the film is received well in China and should the market continue to grow in the next years, Avatar 2 is positioned for a really big gross. Like 400-600M. But i dont see more than that and i also wont change my mind. Ill wait for the numbers to come out to see if im right or if im wrong (and i wont have any problems to eat some crow if im proven wrong but i doubt that happens :)).

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Bob Iger and James Cameron (article).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bob-iger-james-cameron-can-king-hollywood-manage-king-world-1197279

Now, days after Disney closed its $71.3 billion Fox deal, the Avatar director finds himself in business on the sequels with a very different company, one where intellectual properties like Star Wars and Marvel are valued higher than any star, and where the kind of leeway he enjoyed with the Murdochs is rare.

"We're very sad the Murdochs chose to sell the company," says Cameron's producer at Lightstorm Entertainment, Jon Landau. "But if they're going to sell the company, there's nobody better than Disney to sell it to. They get Avatar in terms of what its potential is, not just as a movie but as a franchise."

Landau's optimism comes thanks to years of experience he and Cameron already have working with Disney: In 2011, CEO Bob Iger approached Cameron about creating an Avatar land in the conglomerate's theme parks. After signing a roughly $500 million licensing agreement with Lightstorm in 2014, Disney opened Pandora — The World of Avatar, a 12-acre area at Animal Kingdom in Florida, with a 3D flight simulator, boat attraction, retail and restaurants.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Brainbug said:

I love how everyone pretends that Avatar 2 will make 1 Billion in China without any problems. Yes, the first one was extremely big considering the 2009/2010 China market situation. Yes, China generally likes spectacles and the Chinese probably have faith in Cameron likey many in the rest of the world.

However, all that doesnt mean it will be the biggest Hollywood film ever in the market. I personally dont see a scenario in any way where Avatar 2 will outgross Wolf Warrior 2 in China. The big WOW-effect of the first one is over, no matter how great the visuals may be in the sequel, the sense of a new cinema era, that the first one profited from, cant be replicated.

If the film is received well in China and should the market continue to grow in the next years, Avatar 2 is positioned for a really big gross. Like 400-600M. But i dont see more than that and i also wont change my mind. Ill wait for the numbers to come out to see if im right or if im wrong (and i wont have any problems to eat some crow if im proven wrong but i doubt that happens :)).

Avatar tripled the highest grossing film in China at the time (2012 with $66m).

Can't replicate it? Let's settle for just double then huh

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Bob Iger and James Cameron (article).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bob-iger-james-cameron-can-king-hollywood-manage-king-world-1197279

Now, days after Disney closed its $71.3 billion Fox deal, the Avatar director finds himself in business on the sequels with a very different company, one where intellectual properties like Star Wars and Marvel are valued higher than any star, and where the kind of leeway he enjoyed with the Murdochs is rare.

"We're very sad the Murdochs chose to sell the company," says Cameron's producer at Lightstorm Entertainment, Jon Landau. "But if they're going to sell the company, there's nobody better than Disney to sell it to. They get Avatar in terms of what its potential is, not just as a movie but as a franchise."

Landau's optimism comes thanks to years of experience he and Cameron already have working with Disney: In 2011, CEO Bob Iger approached Cameron about creating an Avatar land in the conglomerate's theme parks. After signing a roughly $500 million licensing agreement with Lightstorm in 2014, Disney opened Pandora — The World of Avatar, a 12-acre area at Animal Kingdom in Florida, with a 3D flight simulator, boat attraction, retail and restaurants.

I trust that they'll let him do his thing...and I trust in Cameron. Was Avatar the greatest movie ever? No, but an A- is better than most of what's out there. 

Why do I get a feeling that Avatar II is going to be monstrous?? I have no idea what the 2nd Unit Tank team is responsible for but good for them. I wonder how many people are actually involved in making these movies. 

• Like 3