Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why are they hunting sea creatures? I can only speculate but I reckon they found a valuable sea creature.

Hunting down Na'Vi wherever they might be? underwater cave systems? doing whatever it takes to eliminate all threats to their mining operations without resorting to a nuclear option that would render the area unworkable and uninhabitable  for humans? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Hunting down Na'Vi wherever they might be? underwater cave systems? doing whatever it takes to eliminate all threats to their mining operations without resorting to a nuclear option that would render the area unworkable and uninhabitable  for humans? 

Possibilities are endless.

Imagine the sort of airhead you have to be to say Avatar has no where left to go.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Olivier Vatine and Thierry Cailleteau better call Saul...:ph34r:

Don't jump the gun yet on the inevitable line up of plaintiffs who'll want a piece of $$$$....pretty sure they'll make this as air tight as possible. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

What is you real expectations for Avatar 2? 

I told you many times that only Avatar 2 can beat Avatar but without a trailer in this moment I think this film will reach 2.5B WW 

Jim is aiming to beat Avatar and I believe in him, why wouldn't you?

I mean he made the highest grossing film of all time as an original film, not once, but twice though?

Highest grossing non Jim film has been franchise films for ages. Now we'll see Jim's unlimited power unleashed with a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time.

• Like 2

People are probably thinking you can't be the highest grossing film of all time without being original. Nah you got it backwards, without jim we riddled by sequels.

The Force Awakens could have beat Avatar if it was directed better and was groundbreaking. Jim's TFA would have made 3b

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

People are probably thinking you can't be the highest grossing film of all time without being original. Nah you got it backwards, without gym we riddled by sequels.

The Force Awakens could have beat Avatar if it was directed better and was groundbreaking. Jim's TFA would have made 3b

Force Awakens was directed well. My previously noted issues with it are more towards the writing.

But I disagree about it beating Avatar in any case, since in order for it to have beaten Avatar it would have needed far larger numbers in the Asian/Latin American emerging markets, especially China, and for whatever reason they weren't that interested. Part of it I think comes from the fact that Star Wars missed the boat in the crucial formative years of those markets. ROTS came out in 2005, a few years before they started to take off, so unlike say years and years on foundation building that the F&F films, the Transformer films, the Marvel films, etc had, Star Wars did not have it. So a bunch of people when TFA came out weren't interested in buying into several previous films first.

Avatar was also a perfect storm of factors coming together perfectly that would be impossible to replicate.

18 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Force Awakens was directed well. My previously noted issues with it are more towards the writing.

But I disagree about it beating Avatar in any case, since in order for it to have beaten Avatar it would have needed far larger numbers in the Asian/Latin American emerging markets, especially China, and for whatever reason they weren't that interested. Part of it I think comes from the fact that Star Wars missed the boat in the crucial formative years of those markets. ROTS came out in 2005, a few years before they started to take off, so unlike say years and years on foundation building that the F&F films, the Transformer films, the Marvel films, etc had, Star Wars did not have it. So a bunch of people when TFA came out weren't interested in buying into several previous films first.

Avatar was also a perfect storm of factors coming together perfectly that would be impossible to replicate.

TFA was an average movies relying on nostalgia to bump it up for Star Wars fans.

One of Jim's trademarks is making a film that stands on it's own two feet and doesn't need ANY prior knowledge going into it.

I promise you TFA is bland as hell for none sws fans.

Jim's TFA would have,

Ground breaking visuals.

Kickass story with big payout and TRADEMARK final act (something TFA definitely didn't have.)

Actual emotional scenes

Incredible action sequences on huge a scale

Honestly it's not even a comparison and am quite frankly shocked you can't see that.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2