Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

28 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Really not inspired by these BTS photos if I'm honest, most seem very drab. 

Not really much they can show without any spoilers. Tbh I'm not sure what the point of these bts photos are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Really not inspired by these BTS photos if I'm honest, most seem very drab. 

Add CGI backgrounds, finishes....beggars can't be choosers we're at least 12-18 months away from any kind of official teaser. We don't even know the title of the movie yet. I'll take whatever they're willing to release at this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Reading the latest interview with Sigourney and she is some woman, I always appreciated her, but she has great energy for her age. 

The New York Times article? agreed she's a trailblazer. 

• Like 1

The Next Shadow is on the way.

Jake Sully maintains his position as leader of the Omatikaya Na'vi tribe, but with their homeland in ruins, he begins to doubt his place among them. As the Na'vi and human feud persists, tensions between the tribes begin to escalate as longstanding family rivalries ignite--spawning treachery and betrayal!

* An untold story set immediately after the events of Avatar!

CREATORS

Writer:
Jeremy Barlow
Artist:
Josh Hood
Colorist:
Wes Dzioba
Cover Artist:
Guilherme Balbi
Genre: Action/Adventure, Fantasy
Publication Date:
January 06, 2021
Format:
FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
Price:
$3.99
UPC:
7 61568 00691 9 00111

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3007-108/Avatar-The-Next-Shadow-1#prettyPhoto

3007108.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

The Next Shadow is on the way.

Jake Sully maintains his position as leader of the Omatikaya Na'vi tribe, but with their homeland in ruins, he begins to doubt his place among them. As the Na'vi and human feud persists, tensions between the tribes begin to escalate as longstanding family rivalries ignite--spawning treachery and betrayal!

* An untold story set immediately after the events of Avatar!

CREATORS

Writer:
Jeremy Barlow
Artist:
Josh Hood
Colorist:
Wes Dzioba
Cover Artist:
Guilherme Balbi
Genre: Action/Adventure, Fantasy
Publication Date:
January 06, 2021
Format:
FC, 32 pages; Miniseries
Price:
$3.99
UPC:
7 61568 00691 9 00111

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3007-108/Avatar-The-Next-Shadow-1#prettyPhoto

3007108.jpg

The humans are back, and they need more minerals! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

hyped for this if it's canon

It is, the movie takes place several years later. I guess they want something out there to fill out the timeline. 

Official Avatar FB page:

Exciting news, Na'vi Nation! A new comic series, Avatar: The Next Shadow, is coming.

Set just after the events of Avatar, the story continues as Jake Sully finds himself ill-equipped to defuse the internal conflicts threatening to tear the Omatikaya apart.

Coming January 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jon Landau,

Wanted to share this photo of Kate Winslet after reading her interview in The Hollywood Reporter: “I had to learn how to free-dive to play that role in Avatar, and that was just incredible. My longest breath hold was seven minutes and 14 seconds, like crazy, crazy stuff.” She stops herself, afraid that she’s given away too much on the top-secret project. “Oh no, actually, I can’t. Yeah, I play a water person. I am a water person,” is all she will offer, instead shifting to praise of Cameron."

122662226_1123890918094890_5977642977774

Edited by Deuce66
correct image link
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:37 PM, cdsacken said:

Avatar 2 will be the highest grossing movie in the world that year. Not gonna happen. 

Disney would take a massive loss

We have a few thousand theaters open ww. I definitely can see 6000 more opening up by 2021. Avatar 2 still feels it will be a massive world breaking behemoth leading a new movie age. No way indeedd is Disney not going to get it in theaters worldwide. Keep your fingers crossed for 2022 all.💪

Edited by Sheldon Cr

On 10/27/2020 at 1:18 AM, Deuce66 said:

Jon Landau,

Wanted to share this photo of Kate Winslet after reading her interview in The Hollywood Reporter: “I had to learn how to free-dive to play that role in Avatar, and that was just incredible. My longest breath hold was seven minutes and 14 seconds, like crazy, crazy stuff.” She stops herself, afraid that she’s given away too much on the top-secret project. “Oh no, actually, I can’t. Yeah, I play a water person. I am a water person,” is all she will offer, instead shifting to praise of Cameron."

122662226_1123890918094890_5977642977774

Finally is her turn to stay underwater......  

• Haha 1

From a very recent Hollywood Reporter interview with Stephen Lang.

Though Lang has a long list of credits that include Gettysburg, Tombstone, and Gods and Generals, no project captures as much public fascination as James Cameron's Avatar, in which he played Colonel Miles Quaritc. He is returning for the long-awaited sequels, the first of four of which is dated for Dec. 16, 2022.

"I haven’t shot anything in probably close to a year. But I'd shot for two years before that, so I'm good," Lang says with a smile. "I know there is still a huge amount of work to be done. As far as I can tell, Avatar 2 — it's shot."

Much has been made of the long wait between 2009's Avatar and the sequels. Lang chalks it up to Cameron not letting anything out until it's precisely what he wants.

"I have no doubt that when Avatar 2 does come out, it's going to be the movie he feels it needs to be," says Lang. "I'd say the same for 3, 4 and 5. We haven't got to 4 or 5 yet, even though we have shot a scene from 4."

Lang loves to work on different scales. A few years after working on what was then the biggest film of all time, Avatar, he agreed to narrate a senior thesis for The Bros. Smith, his daughter's classmate at Parson's. He was so impressed by their work on the World War I-focused project that a few years after that, he pitched them doing an animated film The Wheatfield, and after that, got them to illustrate the book.

• Like 4