CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Wow, Don Rickles is almost 90, and still going. Glad he's still healthy enough to come back as Mr. Potato Head.

Not to be morbid, but I wonder if this will end up being his last role, and whether he will still be alive by the time the movie comes out. (Past actors who passed away after finishing a voiceover role, but before the movie was actually released: Roddy McDowall in A Bug's Life, Jim Varney in Atlantis, Jonathan Winters in Smurfs 2)

Would be great to see Rickles hang in there a few years longer. I thought it would be hard to replace Jim Varney as Slinky Dog, but I can't imagine anybody but Rickles as Mr. Potato Head.

Edited by TServo2049

I'm still not pleased this is getting made but I'll wait for a teaser before I unleash my rage.

You do know that the teaser will be just like Toy Story 2 and 3's in that they will show nothing from the movie, right?

They just have to have the characters standing around a room and be like, "Hey. Toy Story 4. It's happening."

I keep hearing this is not a direct continuation of TS3 (Jim Morris even directly said something to that regard), and has little to nothing to do with their relationship with humans. Some of the things I hear imply it's almost a spin-off, yet we're having cast members from the originals returning.

Somehow I trust Pixar not to fuck this up. Even after Cars 2.

Edited by TServo2049

We'll find out more in a month or so

They really should. I'm getting tired of Lasseter playing coy with this project against the myraid of cyncial disdain... at D23 he needs to be upfront and go, "Okay guys, you can shut up with your whining, here's what Toy Story 4 is actually about." No 'rom com' bullshit, but just a simple LOGLINE to at least let the conversation about it possibly flourish in a more positive direction. Anything more than: "Hey. TS4, we're still doing it but YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT KEEP ON BEING PISSED OFF ABOUT IT!"

edit: and FYI for those who think it may be too early, in August 2013, Pete Docter basically revealed character designs, voice actors, character names and the basic logline of Inside Out, about 22 months prior to release. (they even screened an animatic clip, that of the now-famous dinner table scene) We'll be at that exact same point with Toy Story 4 next month with the 2015 D23 Expo. 

Edited by goldenstate5
  • Like 1

We'll find out more in a month or so   They really should. I'm getting tired of Lasseter playing coy with this project against the myraid of cyncial disdain... at D23 he needs to be upfront and go, "Okay guys, you can shut up with your whining, here's what Toy Story 4 is actually about." No 'rom com' bullshit, but just a simple LOGLINE to at least let the conversation about it possibly flourish in a more positive direction. Anything more than: "Hey. TS4, we're still doing it but YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT KEEP ON BEING PISSED OFF ABOUT IT!"
Ah, who are you kidding? Some people actually didn't like the new GD trailer. I doubt anyone bent on hating this is going to have their mind changed by a logline. I just want to know out of my own curiosity.

Ah, who are you kidding? Some people actually didn't like the new GD trailer. I doubt anyone bent on hating this is going to have their mind changed by a logline. I just want to know out of my own curiosity.

You'll never beat out the hellbent negative types, period. But this does have even the more rational people disappointed, and learning the story will hopefully help them change direction on how they feel on it. And those are the majority. Better to do it as early as possible.

• Like 1

Toy Story 4 plot details from D23

ZT0dW63v_bigger.pngGood Morning AmericaVerified account @GMA 48m48 minutes ago

The storyline for 'Toy Story 4' will be a love story and centered around Woody and Bo Peep! #D23 #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/5yKyplo1PF

Before you go "Who?", Bo Peep was in the first movie.

Anyone else feel like this plot isn't an epic enough for a movie? Feels like a story that could have been a cute short, while they picked something better for TS4. :unsure:

Hey, they got me wondering how they're gonna do this, so that's gotta count for something. I assume it takes place after TS3, Bo was sold or given away and it was all somber and sad as if she were actually dead.

Toy Story 4: The Search for Bo?

And going smaller isn't necessarily a bad thing, you really couldn't top the third movie anyway. The big "what it means to be a toy" Andy arc is over, I think "further adventures" are less cheapening to the original trilogy than if they tried to go EVEN BIGGER.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Anyone else feel like this plot isn't an epic enough for a movie? Feels like a story that could have been a cute short, while they picked something better for TS4. :unsure:

TITANIC is a love story. laugh_01.gif

Either it's going to be a prequel, take place between 2 and 3, or - as I already said - Toy Story 4: The Search for Bo Peep. We'll have to wait and see.

At least they're in a position of "strength" at this point, coming off Inside Out. It's easier to have faith in Pixar when their most recent movie was a great one.

Edited by TServo2049

Bo Peep? Is this actually gonna be a prequel? Cause I might be able to get down with that

The thing is that if this was a prequel, than we know it won't matter because Bo Peep wasn't even there in TS3! :lol:

I'm also pretty sure little girls prefer "action girl Jessie" over "just there to be to a love interest Bo Peep". Really not sure about bring Bo back, I'm pretty indifferent about the character. :ph34r:

I would rather the film focused on Jessie like that Halloween Special.

Edited by Mojoguy

I figured that was what it's about. I really hope it's not a prequel, though. I'm a lot more interested in seeing him get her back than first meeting her.

Edited by tribefan695

If they can make Bo an interesting character, that would definitely get them praise from me.

And this can't possibly take place before the first movie unless it's framed within a flashback (which I doubt), because wasn't Tim Allen announced as being in the cast? Also, there is no way they would do a Toy Story movie without Buzz. I also doubt that they'd do it without Jessie. So it's either between 2 and 3, or after 3.

My guess is after 3, because otherwise a Woody/Bo love story would be a heartbreaking tragedy, since all through it you would know they're going to lose each other between it and 3. (Though that would admittedly continue the trend of Pixar making us cry like babies, if they were to make it so three-dimensional and engaging that we'd be bawling our eyes out with the knowledge of what happens next.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2