CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I just hope Stanton, Unkrich and Arndt are involved in script.

Comongsoon.net:

We now know who is writing Toy Story 4 and it's Rashida Jones and Will McCormack. They are working from a story idea by John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124853

And I will be going to bed, but first with my first positive comment on this:

One way I could see this work (ignoring Andy) is if they use real time again. By the time this comes out, Bonnie would be 12 at the oldest, just on the cusp of being too old for toys, and really the only time period we haven't seen the toys react to. Granted, this will be their second time going through it, so it shouldn't be too big a surprise...

Oh what the hell, they'll probably ship Buzz to Taiwan and no fucks will be given

• Like 4

How utterly predictable.

Back in the day, it was whoot and I against the forums of how Pixar was being sullied by Disney and how they were going down the drain.

The future is coming, and it is exactly how we predicted. More sequels (Cars 2, MU, DORY, TS4, Cars 3), mediocrely reviewed (Cars 2, MU) and utter cash grabs (all). 

Hah. I'd be more enraged, but Pixar isn't even the best out there anymore, and they haven't been for years. 

Lasseter's statements mean less and less every time they say it. 

You live by a mantra, you die by it. Don't keep wheeling out "we'll only tell a story we feel needs to be told" after Cars 2. Stop using it. It's a dead horse. You were a hypocrite. You didn't apologise for the bullshit. It's sad seeing him lie to us thinking that we believe him.

I'm not seeing this, Dory or Cars 3. You guys can do whatever you want. 

• Like 2

Jesus guys, we have no idea what the plot is going to be. It could be just as great as the first three (or maybe not) but let's wait and see.

For me it doesn't matter how great this ends up being, it still is highly unnecessary and shouldn't be made. Even if I end up loving it, it won't change the fact that the Toy Story trilogy ended perfectly and didn't need anymore movies.

• Like 2

Jesus guys, we have no idea what the plot is going to be. It could be just as great as the first three (or maybe not) but let's wait and see.

No I want to be completely emo and tell PIXAR to fuck off. In all seriousness I grew up with Toy Story...it was the first movie I was completely obsessed with and each installment has come at different eras of my life. It ended perfect with a message of 'letting go' and moving forward. Making another sequel contradicts that.

• Like 4

Again I'm willing to take a wait and see approach, YMMV.

But some are calling this a cash grab, it is, but then again so is 99% of what Hollywood produces. It sounds a little hypocritical from a site that anxiously awaits box office numbers each day

Again I'm willing to take a wait and see approach, YMMV.

But some are calling this a cash grab, it is, but then again so is 99% of what Hollywood produces. It sounds a little hypocritical from a site that anxiously awaits box office numbers each day

Fair enough.