baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

Next year I'm going to try to talk baumer into letting people just PM their Top 15's to him.

He won't listen, but I'll try anyway.

I will listen.  That's something I've thought about over the years.  

• Like 3

In 2011 I ran a Boxoffice game on an italian Forum. A very simple one: every week you had to predict OW and Total of the movies that were opening in Italy.

After 3 months I noticed there wasn't any considerable difference between predictions of all players because nowone wanted to take a risk.

So I created an another username (named BOXOCALCU) and all players (me included) had to send it a PM with predictions. I had to send mine also to a casual player and I wasn't allowed (by the rules of the game) to sign in with this username before the deadline was passed.

That worked really well!  

• Like 2

Top 7 Domestic Opening Weekends Scores

No one was clearly in front here.. but either way the winners (tied) is highlighted in red.

Player - Gross Score + Position Score + #Correct Score (#Correct out of 7) = Total Score

cmaster - 100k + 68k + 75k(6) = 243k

mahnamahma - 105k + 73k + 75k(6) = 253k

Movieman89 - 95k + 73k + 75k(6) = 243k

Hey baumer, not that it changes the game, but just wanted to point out (for recognition purposes) that mahnamahna actually got the highest Top 7 Domestic Weekend Prediction score.

• Like 1

Congrats to Filmovie for taking down the top prize and to Iceroll and Chewy for their top 3 finish.

A big thank you to Baumer for running the game and all his work!

And a shout out to Jajang and Laguy for their weekly updates; I look forward to reading those every week.

Oh, and a top ten finish for me :)

:congrats:

• Like 3

Congrats to everyone for sticking it out through a grueling 4 months of competition and especially Film for winning it all. Baumer has always said he wants the preseasons to decide who wins the game and once again they have. My preseasons were awful which is why I ended up outside the top 20 (that and I missed 2 weeks and 1 SOTM haha). Huge thanks as always to baumer, laguy and Jajang for being tireless in their efforts to score points and give us a glimpse of how we were doing throughout the season. Awesome game everyone! I had a blast and will definitely be back for next years game (might even play the winter game too, we'll see)!

• Like 3

Ooh, double like if it were possible on this board.

It probably just looked extra bad this year since there were so few surprises in the top 15. But it would be nice to see what people could come up with if they weren't trying to make their predictions a bit more mainstream and average.

• Like 1

Slight improvement. 26th. Not all bad. Not great. If I hadn't stopped playing for 2 wks. Top 15 might have happened. My preseason made sure I wouldn't win though :(Well done to film. Is that the first time someone has actually come out of nowhere to win?

• Like 1

So Chewy wins the regular season and today when he hears that the final scoring is about to be done, he enters this thread all like

Posted Image

And he arrives to find everyone else like

The WWE references... so many... I would give you more than one like for those but I can't. 

• Like 1