Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

On 1/27/2014 at 6:17 PM, Telemachos said:

I'm a huge King Arthur fan in general and post-LOTR, it's one of the few fantasy projects I'd love to see some to big-budget life. There's certain enough story there to cover multiple movies. The only -- huge -- issue I have is that Guy Ritchie seems like exactly the wrong person to be spearheading this. If he pulls a Sherlock Holmes with this, I'm gonna go all fishnets on the project.

:D

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Knights is just a placeholder for another WB film, possibly Wonder Woman if WB thinks it can break out. 

Hey, may I ask you something? What exactly does a film being a placeholder mean? Is it like to make sure that your movie is the only major film there and no other studio stakes a claim to the date until you decide what to finally put there?

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Hey, may I ask you something? What exactly does a film being a placeholder mean? Is it like to make sure that your movie is the only major film there and no other studio stakes a claim to the date until you decide what to finally put there?

Not exactly major, but in the sense that it sounds better if you have a title and a film somewhere in the production pipeline rather than "Untitled Event Movie."

It would probably be better to think of release dates as less firm choices for the given titles and more a studio saying "we have x number of films in the pipeline, and if they all happen, they will hit at these dates". As you draw nearer to actual release, those will become firm, but better than a year out it's all mutable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just realized that WB didn't even mention this movie during their presentation yesterday and this is done and in the can and will be released before next year's Cinemacon.

Should we be worried about it then?

Just now, James said:

I don't get the hate for Charlie Hunnam. I saw him in Pac Rim and Green Street Hoolingans and he was great in both.

He's not terrible but he's the definition of a bland young white dude who doesn't stand out in any of his projects. It also doesn't help that I constantly confuse him and Garrett Hedlund, another bland young white dude who also doesn't stand out in any of the movies he's in either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I must admit, I can't wait for this. Hopefully we get a great King Arthur movie.

It's Guy Ritchie. You won't.

Edited by Sam

On 14. april 2016 at 8:49 AM, James said:

I don't get the hate for Charlie Hunnam. I saw him in Pac Rim and Green Street Hoolingans and he was great in both.

Try watching him in Sons of Anarchy. One of my all times favorite. He was amazing as Jax