MovieGuyKyle17

Wed #s Heaven 3.7, Cap2 3.5

Not a bad drop at all for Caps. With some professionals and many students off Friday, will it see an increase in sales today?

If it follows pattern it should go up. The last Easter in April was in 2012 on the 8th and all holdovers had a bump on the comparable Thursday.
  • Like 2

So let's say it does 3.7 today 

Friday:  9.8

Sat:  14.7

Sun:  10.0

Okay, my numbers are way off.  That's a 15% drop.

• Like 1

Perhaps one day, those who sign the checks in Hollywood will put a big budget and a real cast in one of these films and more people will see it. 

Heaven is For Real has a good cast  (Greg Kinner, Kelly Reilly, Thomas Haden Church, Margo Martindale) and the look of the movie does not look low budgeted and may likely appeal to a more broader audience

Edited by forg
  • Like 1

So let's say it does 3.7 today Friday:  9.8Sat:  14.7Sun:  10.0 Okay, my numbers are way off.  That's a 15% drop.

Someone mention that Sat will most likely be flat or really small increase. And harsh drop on Sun.
  • Like 1

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 10m GOD'S NOT DEAD took in $0.61M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $42.85M. #GodsNotDead

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 18m Strong $3.7 mil debut for #HeavenIsForReal. Enough to push #CaptainAmerica out of first place on Wednesday.

• Like 1

I think the "Heaven" aspect will help HIFR. The concept of heaven isnt just a Christian concept. Theyre not preaching here like Gods Not Dead, just making an inspirational movie. Jews and Buddishts and who else should be able to check out HIFR, even athiests could be intrigued. Theyre taking more a "my son saw the unimaginable" approach rather than "you need to believe in God" like Gods Not Dead. The main catch of the movie is Heaven, not really religion, so I wont be surpised if it crosses religious borders.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

So let's say it does 3.7 today 

Friday:  9.8

Sat:  14.7

Sun:  10.0

Okay, my numbers are way off.  That's a 15% drop.

Easter w/e will have a flat or slight rise on Saturday and bigger fall than normal on Sunday.

Hunger games had 40% rise on Thur - 100% on Friday 1.7% for Sat then a bit larger drop than usual for Sun

If Cap behaved the same that would be  $5.18 Thur/  $10.4 Friday/ $10.5 Sat/ $6 Sun

• Like 1

I think the "Heaven" aspect will help HIFR. The concept of heaven isnt just a Christian concept. I dont they theyre really preaching here like Gods Not Dead. Jews and Buddishts and who else should be able to check out HIFR, even athiests could be intrigued. Theyre taking more a "my son saw the unimaginable" approach rather than "you need to believe in God" like Gods Not Dead. The main catch of the movie is Heaven, not really religion, so it sont be surpised if it crosses religious borders.

Ehhhh maybe for a laugh. That's why I personally enjoy Christian films with my girlfriend. So many of them are painfully cheesy.

• Like 1