lilmac

Actors who almost got the part

Carrey as Jack Sparrow would've been interesting, although not as interesting as Depp was. He nailed that role.

Gyllenhaal is a good actor, but seeing the roles he had, I can't seem to be able to picture him as The Caped Crusader.

• Like 1

Tim Curry in Wild Wild West as James West's sidekick. That was Sonnenfeld's choice but the studio wanted Kevin Kline.

Tim Curry as The Joker in Batman TAS. He did record two episodes but was dropped out for Mark Hamill because he couldn't sustain the voice and came across as creepy Pennywise.

Tim Curry as Judge Doom in Who framed Roger Rabbit?. He auditioned for the part but his performance was deemed "terrifying" by Zemeckis, Spielberg and the ilks.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Some editions of The Hunger Games (international perhaps) had an illustration of Katniss on the cover that rather resembled Hailee Steinfeld. She was even going around wearing her hair in the braid to one side in a clear nod to the Ms. Everdeen. When she didn't get cast, I thought it was her age that kept her from getting the role, but after seeing Jennifer it's easy to see why they hired her despite all the initial "objections" (too old, not "thin enough", too blonde, etc.).

Robin Williams as Hagrid, LOL, I remember Rosie O'Donnell campaigning on her talk show to be Mrs. Weasley. I wonder if this would have been the version where Haley Joel Osment was supposed to be Harry? :D

I get two things from this article:

1) When George Lucas cannot get anybody else to take a role, he gives it to Harrison Ford.

2) If you turn down a part in a George Lucas production and later discover it's been given to Harrison Ford, you've been a damn fool.

• Like 1

I get two things from this article:

1) When George Lucas cannot get anybody else to take a role, he gives it to Harrison Ford.

2) If you turn down a part in a George Lucas production and later discover it's been given to Harrison Ford, you've been a damn fool.

It's great watching the Han Solo audition reads Harrison Ford.  What took them so long to realize they had a great Han Solo?

Here's Kurt Russell trying to be Han Solo in 1977.   :P

• Like 1

Tom Cruise I think could have done Tony Stark justice, Dougray Scott was cast as Wolverine but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts with Mission Impossible II. Jake Gyllenhaal I believe considered for Spider-Man and almost replaced Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2 as Maguire sustained an injury from Seabiscuit but he recovered before production started.

• Like 1

I remember reading a rumor that Christopher Walken was going to play Count Dooku in AOTC. That would have been….interesting.

Also Han Solo.

Edited by Jawa of the Dreadfort

Out of all these the most interesting one is the tom selleck as Indiana jones. Harrison ford was amazing but I believe that tom selleck would have been a perfect choice too . He had it all the looks, the charisma, the voice, the acting ability plus he looked much more athletic and believable as a man chasing danger than Harrison ford did. I have always wondered how he feels about this missed opportunity to become a Hollywood megastar . Spielberg really wanted him for that part. Of course tom selleck is swimming in money just from the magnum syndication rights(and soon to be blue bloods syndication rights too ) let alone all his other roles but sometimes it really must hurt him.

These people actually did get the part, but things didn't work out: Dougray Scott was supposed to be Wolverine (conflict in schedule with MI:2)

Stuart Townsend was supposed to be Aragorn (fired before first day of filming)

Annette Bening was supposed to be Catwoman in Batman Returns (she got pregnant)

Original choices who turned down the parts:

Rachel McAdams was first choice for Pepper Potts

Hugh Jackman was the first choice for Billy Flynn (Chicago)

One of my favorite movies, Zombieland, could have turned out so different.

Both Megan Fox and Evan Rachel Wood were offered, and turned down the role of Wichita

Emma Stone was originally cast as "406" before landing the role of Wichita after the first choices turned down the role.

Jamie Bell was originally cast as Columbus, after he dropped out Taylor Lautner was offered the role, but couldn't take it due to other commitments.

Just try to picture Zombieland starring Megan Fox and Taylor Lautner. I shudder at the thought.Posted Image