Fancyarcher

Weekend #'s April 18-20 Cap2: 26.2 Rio 22.5 Heaven 21.5 Trans 11.1 pg32

Why not? I mean, we are only talking weekend grosses here. It should be somewhat comparable, no? Btw, r u playing the summer game this year?

Weekends during summer and spring are different. Summer enjoys better weekday gross while April doesn't have that. So harsher drop on summer weekends is more expected. Forgot about the summer game. Pre-games predictions are due soon, right? Too much work and this summer is as clusterfuck and unpredictable as it gets so I think I stay off this year. Best of luck to you (if you're playing) :)
  • Like 2

Weekends during summer and spring are different. Summer enjoys better weekday gross while April doesn't have that. So harsher drop on summer weekends is more expected.Forgot about the summer game. Pre-games predictions are due soon, right? Too much work and this summer is as clusterfuck and unpredictable as it gets so I think I stay off this year.Best of luck to you (if you're playing) :)

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Yeah, deadline is May 2nd or something. Too bad you ain't playing. You did good last year, if I remember correctly. And I was looking forward to destroying you.

• Like 1

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining. Yeah, deadline is May 2nd or something. Too bad you ain't playing. You did good last year, if I remember correctly. And I was looking forward to destroying you.

I got 6th place last year so not too shabby :DI'll take a look at the questions and see. Your challenge is tempting.
  • Like 3

Speed is very near and dear to my heart.But Speed 2 killed his career. His last film was the second Tomb Raider after all.

He also did The Haunting, which was quite awful as well.  Doesn't mean he can't direct because he proved it with Twister and Speed, but perhaps just some poor choices along the way.

That's a very strong number for Cap, kind of surprising.

Pretty good hold for Rio as well, next weekend should be an even smaller drop.

Heaven has a great number and with that opening day, it could do more than 20 mill for the weekend.

Transcendence is a bomb, no surprise from this guy.

• Like 1

I mean brutal in the sense that almost everything looks like a flop in the making. The only July movies that I have any confidence in at the BO are Apes and Planes

True.

Jupiter Ascending could as well do John Carter numbers, the trailers don't give much of an impression. Hercules looks like a B-movie with a bigger budget. I'd say an opening in the mid-20s perhaps, 30+ if it's lucky. Everything else except for Apes isn't tentpole material, although Tammy and/or Sex Tape could break out.

Guardians' position looks better the more I look at it, as long as Disney plays their cards right with future marketing.

Edited by C00k13

Solid for the Captain and next weekend will be another decent drop.

Will beat thor 2 by Wednesday? 

The film was quite universally liked by friends of mine. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Captain America taking the weekend again behind a strong Rio 2. Good for Heaven is for Real. LOL at Transcendence. That will be saved by OS audience. I can see over 125M OS. I guess the Haunted House franchise is over :lol: It was a pretty bad idea to release it on this weekend.

August could be pretty brutal in it's own right since there's an action movie opening every single week (Guardians, Turtles, Expendables, Sin City, November Man).

Turtles is more of a kids movie 

GotG is sci-fi 

Those other 3 are rated R and likely to make $60 million or less. 

I would say July is worse:

Apes 2

Jupiter

Hercules

GotG 

TMNT

That's the streak of an action film every week. You also forgot Into the Storm and Lucy which are both action/thriller

I'm expecting these three to dominate July:

Apes 2

Tammy

Planes 2 

And these four to dominate August:

GotG

Get on Up

TMNT

Lucy (potential female-friendly breakout)