grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Pop Crave out here making templates for Grace's reaction. The impact she has!

Love to see Grace being so popular. I know she can be messy sometimes but to me she's a Wendy Williams kind of messy, in a way I just can't dislike her. She's always so joyful. I'd rather watch Grace than some mean-spirited movie critics / insiders out there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If Barbie and Mario end up as the only billionaire movies of the year, then we will never hear the end of it from a certain person that likes referring to things as Nostalgic Toy Commericals. So Dune 2 needs to hit a Billie as well.

Edited by Mojoguy

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Love to see Grace being so popular. I know she can be messy sometimes but to me she's a Wendy Williams kind of messy, in a way I just can't dislike her. She's always so joyful. I'd rather watch Grace than some mean-spirited movie critics / insiders out there. 

No critic can deliver something like this: 

She’s one of the most entertaining channels of the whole YouTube 

• Haha 1

just realized I have never heard the names chelsea stacie and skipper in relation to this movie

are they not in this movie?

Does Gerwig not know and/or not respect Barbie lore?🤯

6 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

If Barbie and Mario end up as the only billionaire movies of the year, then we will never hear the end of it from a certain person that likes referring to things as Nostalgic Toy Commericals. So Dune 2 needs to hit a Billie as well.

I don't think there's any path for Dune 2, especially with no promotion due to the strike to build hype. Barbie's buzz materialized because it had already been building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobzaruni said:

Just running some numbers for overseas and despite a weaker Asia, it's going to BLOW everything out of the water

15M+ Aus

17M~ Mexico

15M+ (at minimum) Brazil

10M+ (at minimum) UK

Using Mario's concentration in its top 4 markets on release here assuming a similar distribution, $135M-$140M INT OW minimum; probably will go even higher though if things play out right (which they probably will). 300M global opening in the cards. With good holds and a good China/Japan/SK, Barbilllion to the moon.

Brazil numbers might actually be too low if the PS are what they're suggesting; insanity, madness

28 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

I don't think there's any path for Dune 2, especially with no promotion due to the strike to build hype. Barbie's buzz materialized because it had already been building.

I'm sure the strike will either be over by November or they will push the move back. 

Personally, nothing that I've seen in any of the trailers gives me any hope that this will have a great story or be particularly funny to me, so I'm truly pumped to check it out and see what the trailers might be withholding that could  result in such a banger.

5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Why is the review embargo so late on this anyway?

Nobody have a clue, Oppenheimer is even more late and it have nothing but glowing reactions 

Both is likely to ended up very well received, today reactions for Barbie was super strong with one or other exception

52 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Even based on the trailer it seems a few jokes won’t land, but Harloff seems like he only likes action movies. 

He actually raved about The Little Mermaid. That’s how I first got to know his page. 

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Nobody have a clue, Oppenheimer is even more late and it have nothing but glowing reactions 

Both is likely to ended up very well received, today reactions for Barbie was super strong with one or other exception

Could this be caused by the strike? They don't want "film reviews/reaction" to get lost in or contaminated by initial buzz of "going on strike" news?

• Like 1