grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

2 hours ago, joselowe said:

I’m shocked it’s not doing well in Asia, I thought it would do huge numbers in at least China, but China seems to

prefer action films from the USA although Aladdin did huge numbers there.

I don't think the Barbie doll is so big in China. 

Barbie being a well known and popular brand is one the reasons why the satirical aspect of the movie work so well.

If the Barbie brand doesn't give any emotion or opinion to the audience, it's pretty likely the movie will lost part of its charm.

3 hours ago, joselowe said:

Bigger than Black Panther? Endgame? Wonder Woman? Captain Marvel?

Not bigger than Black Panther nor Endgame (and I would also say that is not bigger than No Way Home), but definetly bigger than Wonder Woman and on par with Captain Marvel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Warner Bros with the 75M OW prediction 🤣

WB will be able to say Barbie vastly overpreformed when it makes over 150M OW.

They desperately needed this movie after the Flash disaster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

WB will be able to say Barbie vastly overpreformed when it makes over 150M OW.

They desperately needed this movie after the Flash disaster.

Not even just Flash, since their HBO Max fiasco they’ve only had three theatrical hits: The Batman, Elvis and Evil Dead Rise.

18 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Previews and true Friday grosses should be more than enough to clear $75M. There are a lot of packed showings on Friday, more so than anything else this summer.

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

Isn’t Greta only signed on for a two film

deal for Narnia? I’m sure she can get those done quickly after the strike is done especially if she is writing during the strike right now. She has time to focus on that so the films can be done quickly so she can move on. Also people like Ryan Murphy and Shonda Rhimes have Netflix deals but deals with other companies too like FX and ABC.

42 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Not even just Flash, since their HBO Max fiasco they’ve only had three theatrical hits: The Batman, Elvis and Evil Dead Rise.

It is so gloriously Warner Brothers that their only hit this year is a movie they had no faith in and accidentally walked ass backwards into having planned to release it only on streaming.

5 hours ago, TMP said:

Does feel weird that WB just let the director of their biggest OW of 2023 just walk off to Netflix lol

The Gerwig Narnia news first dropped late last year - and her husband has a first look deal there for quite a while. Deal was likely in place before WB even knew what they had. And I’m guessing WB has continuously talked to her about other stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scubasteve716 said:

The Gerwig Narnia news first dropped late last year - and her husband has a first look deal there for quite a while. Deal was likely in place before WB even knew what they had. And I’m guessing WB has continuously talked to her about other stuff

WB could strike a first look deal with her in her capacity as a director but do a deal with her as a writer later on once the WGA strike is over.

Humor in these trailers so far has just not worked for me....even the flat feet joke in the main trailer released last month didn't land for me. Hope the humor in movie is much better than whatever has been shown so far in these trailers

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Lmfao, I’m honestly so glad this is going to be massive considering all the crap it’s gotten online over the months with stupid lowball predictions, it’s gonna suck, etc etc. Even now from its own studio lol