grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Little women was also damaged in some countries, like mine, because cinemas closed because of covid while the movie was out from just some week, since It was released in the oscar weeks, not on Christmas. 

In that case I just imagine how well it could have done if it wasn't for the pandemic. $300M WW possibly?

Edited by LegionWrex
typos

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

She also wrote the script for Disney's Snow White next year too. Watch them book her to direct their live-action Tangled or whatever.

I didn’t realise that. 

That’ll be added to the posters and trailers 😂

Little OT (but connected to Barbie)

Today Netflix announced the director of the movie The Seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Do you know the book?. It's a mega best Seller and an Absolute cult between female readers.

If where the crawdads sings made 80M domestic this could have been perform as Fault of our stars and put a 130 M Total. It's a shame is going on a platform.

I hope Barbie success can start a trend when they understand movie for women can make a lot of Money and we need more than them instead of a new action flick every week. Studios should diversified their portfolio more, including on Summer.

Edited by vale9001

52 minutes ago, Bobzaruni said:

I was going to say 95% based on early reactions, they read along the lines of Spider-Verse's which got 96%.

early reactions?

10 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Every reaction until now Is really really positive about gosling, time wrote he easily "stolen the show".

And how we can see on all the promotional things and new promo seems like not only It has a very goofy comedy role but also his deepest Moment (and well even a musical big scene).

Especially if the movie breaks out seems like Ken is going at the oscars. 

he is going to get an  Oscar nom, maybe even win

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 12:34 PM, Issac Newton said:

— Opens a week later after trio (Elemental-Shin Chan 3D &Transformers)

— has holidays until WED

— Elemental been a Disney Film has less hope since it might drop on Disney+ by then.

— Transformers films have been falling after each release.

— Shin Chan 3D (First in Franchise) but limited GA &3D Novelty might not work.

— Only Family competition will be with How Do You Live?

Looking all things if marketing drive are effective along with DOM Success over Transformers/Jones/Fast X will create buzz.

But, It's still hypothetical because if Miyazaki's pull all the audiences within his Films but One Piece Film Red couldn't stop Top Gun Maverick from reaching heights.

Well, I feel pretty confident on Barbie will work!

I started to see that they have these 2 pages spread mini posters instead of a single page ones in the local cinema here. That could indicate that they are going to market this in Japan right?

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I started to see that they have these 2 pages spread mini posters instead of a single page ones in the local cinema here. That could indicate that they are going to market this in Japan right?

I want promotion at the level of MI. I am seeing this merchandise collaboration

https://www.plazastyle.com/barbie2023/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

I want promotion at the level of MI. I am seeing this merchandise collaboration

https://www.plazastyle.com/barbie2023/

barbie-page-4.jpg

This is the back page of the mini-poster! So they are certainly leaning on some merchandising (#6), probably more to be announced later. Also interesting to see how they're advertising that the barbie's Japan connection from the beginning where it's made here(#4).

I hope they will do some nice promotion here too! At least a magazine cover next month?

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

the fact this could be the most watched tweet of all time (at least since they're counting views) with 280M views 🥶

There have been so many artwork based on this meme! I wondered how many will actually see the movie, but it's crazy how many artist participated in this!

• Like 1