grim22

Barbie | July 21, 2023 | Warner Bros | Margot Robbie is Barbie. Ryan Gosling is Ken. | Second most profitable movie of 2023

6 hours ago, Redolent said:

Tbh I don’t know why studios include map scenes in movies, they’re almost always going to be controversial and annoy someone.

I am still angry at Mission Impossible: Fallout showing Kashmir as part of Pakistan. I am guessing they didn't show that version in India because there were no protests around the movie.

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I am still angry at Mission Impossible: Fallout showing Kashmir as part of Pakistan. I am guessing they didn't show that version in India because there were no protests around the movie.

Spoiler

1-23.jpg

Indian Censors (CBFC) did asked some edits before MI6 release in India 

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

if it's getting banned in Philippines we will know from MTRCB later

MTRCB has not yet finalized their decision on the issue of China’s 9-dash-line map being featured in Greta Gerwig’s ‘BARBIE’

They are currently consulting with the global Warner Bros. on finding solutions to the appeals raised by the Senators.

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

MTRCB has not yet finalized their decision on the issue of China’s 9-dash-line map being featured in Greta Gerwig’s ‘BARBIE’

They are currently consulting with the global Warner Bros. on finding solutions to the appeals raised by the Senators.

Fiippinos really loves Western culture and american culture in particular. These politicians know they can lose the votes of the young people if they ban Barbara. Her Power! 

Edited by vale9001

Mhhh could be Sam Smith cause It's not binary but, with all the respect, the description about "One of the fucking greatest living artist" seems to much.

With these description if It's a shocking name I'm thinking to like one of these Classic rocker.

Like... Paul McCartney? 😇.

Edited by vale9001

Warner Bros response from Variety:

"The map in Barbie Land is a child-like crayon drawing,” a spokesperson for the Warner Bros. Film Group told Variety. “The doodles depict Barbie’s make-believe journey from Barbie Land to the ‘real world.’ It was not intended to make any type of statement.”

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

The Barbie soundtrack has another "hidden artist" to reveal since there were 2 not announced tracks in the tracklist, and One is Billie Eilish.

The rumour are saying is Sam Smith or Lady Gaga. 

Please…. anyone but not Sam Smith

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vale9001 said:

The Barbie soundtrack has another "hidden artist" to reveal since there were 2 not announced tracks in the tracklist, and One is Billie Eilish.

The rumour are saying is Sam Smith or Lady Gaga. 

Hopefully Gaga, Sam Smith would garner mo buzz and is a boring choice.

If this makes a billion, it would be the 3rd of 3 films to make a billion for WB since 2012 (when they released 3 films within that year that made a billion). The other 2 are Joker and Aquaman. I think it's pretty fascinating and funny. Like no-one would've thought any of these films would come close to making a billion. On the other hand, films that seemed like sure-fire hits paper ended up underperforming or flopping for them.

• Like 1