grim22

Weekend #'s April 25-27 TOW: 24.7, Cap2 16.05,

People really want to sit through a couple hours of Leslie Mann screeching?

Wasn't like that at all.

So narrow minded people on here.

• Like 2

Yep. I also see it closer to 26m or something like that. Either way. It's a great opeing, but the comedy overkill of May will probably keep it from having a great multiplier.

I disagree with this. This is going to have great legs imo.  The theater I was in laughed quite a bit and there were really good reactions coming out.  I think has great legs and will hit 100M.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 15m THE QUIET ONES opened with an estimated $1.52M on Friday. #TheQuietOnes

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 59s BRICK MANSIONS opened with an estimated $3.59M on Friday. #BrickMansions

• Like 1

How was Nicki Minaj's ass and Kate Upton's cleavage.That's is all that interest me about this movie.

Nikki had about 4 scenes and she was really good.  Looked hot as well.  Upton was eye candy no doubt, but that was the point of her being in the film.

• Like 1

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 15m THE QUIET ONES opened with an estimated $1.52M on Friday. #TheQuietOnes BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 59s BRICK MANSIONS opened with an estimated $3.59M on Friday. #BrickMansions

Both are higher than Deadline's numbers. I hope The Other Woman goes up too. Holdovers should be good also.

That says more about how epic Black Swan was.Also, fuck this rain.

But an Oscar bait psychological thriller about ballerinas making more than a Noah's Ark movie...I mean, you can go to a mainstream baby/toy store chain and easily find Noah's Ark toys, that is how widespread the story is in America. Given the religious makeup of the country, $200M should have been at play for a Noah movie and that was probably the hope when it got greenlit. Aronofsky's Noah was probably never going to reach those heights, but he's the one who came to the studio with the idea to make Noah, so if not for him, it probably doesn't get made at all. But I can't help but see it as a missed opportunity.

But an Oscar bait psychological thriller about ballerinas making more than a Noah's Ark movie...I mean, you can go to a mainstream baby/toy store chain and easily find Noah's Ark toys, that is how widespread the story is in America. Given the religious makeup of the country, $200M should have been at play for a Noah movie and that was probably the hope when it got greenlit. Aronofsky's Noah was probably never going to reach those heights, but he's the one who came to the studio with the idea to make Noah, so if not for him, it probably doesn't get made at all. But I can't help but see it as a missed opportunity

Well there you go.....the Christians and conservatives did not approve of it and spread bad WOM.

If it was made into the essence of HIFR and God's Not Dead, then it would have been much bigger.

Edited by LexJoker

• Founder / Operator

Great opening for TOW. I started to worry the concept was pandering a bit much, but clearly people were interested in it as the first women-centric movie to open in awhile. 

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 6

Great opening for TOW. I started to worry the concept was pandering a bit much, but clearly people were interested in it as the first women-centric movie to open in awhile. 

I sent you a text yesterday about it.  Great reactions from the audience I was with.

• Like 1

Well there you go.....the Christians and conservatives did not approve of it and spread bad WOM.

If it was made into the essence of HIFR and God's Not Dead, then it would have been much bigger.

I don't its just Christians/Conservatives that had a problem with it, it was a really wonky movie

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 1m CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER took in an estimated $4.49M on Friday. Domestic total now stands at $213.33M. #CaptainAmerica2

Yes! Get the money Cap.  :ca: