lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

23 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

The Power Rangers movie logo has been officially revealed by its account on Twitter.  As expected, it does say "Saban's Power Rangers" with "Saban's" in red lettering above "Power Rangers," with a different lightning bolt than usual.

Also, from NewsKamloops, downtown Kamloops will be the film setting for Angel Grove.  Some filming is taking place there this week, and next week too.

I also saw this post about the movie's potential profit on Rangerboard.  It is a rough estimate of what a $120 million budget movie would need to earn worldwide, which johnboy3434 estimates to be $468 million worldwide.  Do those numbers sound like a good guess for what the movie will need to do next year, or are there assumptions he is making that are not accounted for in his analysis?

120m budget you say? This should be interesting.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What the fuck that doesn't look anything like the original Rita Repulsa:

mbkcwk.jpg

Elizabeth, I love you and understand actors need to take a paycheck every now and then but...girl. You're better than this.

Come on, that woman in your gif looks fucking ridiculous.

I've no idea who Rita Repulsa is though.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

mbkcwk.jpg

Elizabeth, I love you and understand actors need to take a paycheck every now and then but...girl. You're better than this.

She's probably got hands tied by Lionsgate post-HG

7 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

The new Rita Repulsa looks closer to other female villains from other Power Rangers TV seasons than to the Rita from the original MMPR.  I thought it resembled Camille from Jungle Fury looking at the Lionsgate movie design.

For a second there, I thought that initial rumor about Scorpina being the main villain was true after all. But Banks namechecks Rita Repulsa in the article.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, filmlover said:

mbkcwk.jpg

I feel like I know this woman intimately after seeing so many gifs and memes of her. 

They're all glorious btw. 

• Like 1

I will let the comments from Kotaku express my feelings:

- “It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” Banks tells the website. Well, yeah, because it looks absolutely nothing like Rita Repulsa. I’m not saying the costume needed to be directly lifted from the original show, but this is so radically different that it might as well be a new villain.

- She *looks* like a Power Rangers villain...just not the Power Rangers villain she’s supposed to be.

- “It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” In that it in no way resembles Rita Repulsa at all?

Very disappointed for now.

• Like 1