lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

60M OW lol

I figured that :P

I don't think it will even hit $50 let alone $60 but hey, it's very early so obviously my predictions will change once the full Friday comes in

1 minute ago, 75live said:

I figured that :P

I don't think it will even hit $50 let alone $60 but hey, it's very early so obviously my predictions will change once the full Friday comes in

50 bucks, 60 bucks??? :huh:

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

50 bucks, 60 bucks??? :huh:

yep, 50 bucks, i can't predict 60 because I'm not sure I am going to see it so that throws off the 10 bucks right there ;) 

• Like 1

I've just watched it, and it was damn awesome!!! It had everything I wanted.

The effects are cool, the car chase at the beginning was well filmed ( no cuts ), the characters were quite good too. 

I loved it and I actually want to watch it again as soon as possible! :)

Spoiler

There are flaws, like Kimberly's story, which is paper thin. The other characters have interesting plots, but Kimberly barely has something relevant other than exposition. There were some weird transitions during the movie, which gives the feeling that we'll probably have some deleted scenes. 

Spoiler

I also loved the nods to Iron Man and Spider Man. Hell, they even made a joke about Transformers and Die Hard!

All in all, great movie and perhaps a great guilty pleasure! :)

• Like 2

I was enjoying it then I had this awful feeling that they would only be in the costumes for 10 minutes. 

Then they were in them for 2-3, barely any fight choreography and straight into the robots.

Elizabeth Banks.... shower her with Razzies NOW! 

Plus most blatant and ridiculous product placement deal of all time. 

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I was enjoying it then I had this awful feeling that they would only be in the costumes for 10 minutes. 

Then they were in them for 2-3, barely any fight choreography and straight into the robots.

Elizabeth Banks.... shower her with Razzies NOW! 

Plus most blatant and ridiculous product placement deal of all time. 

So, did you enjoy the movie at all? What worked and what didn't work in your view?

I loved it. Elizabeth Banks was quite good, imo. I loved the new Rita. 

Nah, if Cara Delevigne didn't get a Razzie for SS, then I doubt Banks will. Hell, Cara didn't even get nominated, and her villain was the worst thing in the whole movie. Horrible.

Regarding the fight scenes, nah. They had much more fighting.

Spoiler

They were running out of time, so it would be a waste of time fighting those countless stone dudes. 

The entire third act was a fight scene.

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, did you enjoy the movie at all? What worked and what didn't work in your view?

I loved it. Elizabeth Banks was quite good, imo. I loved the new Rita. 

Nah, if Cara Delevigne didn't get a Razzie for SS, then I doubt Banks will. Hell, Cara didn't even get nominated, and her villain was the worst thing in the whole movie. Horrible.

Regarding the fight scenes, nah. They had much more fighting.

Hide contents

They were running out of time, so it would be a waste of time fighting those countless stone dudes. 

The entire third act was a fight scene.

They were in their suits for about 3 minutes. 

Spoiler

They morphed... fought some bad guys in the water on the way out, afew more at the surface then got into the robots. That was it. No fight choreography... which is what it's known for. 

I liked 4 out of 5 of the Rangers and the beginning but the set up went on far too long. 

Spoiler

That product placement killed it too. Shameful and unfunny. Embarrassing.

I think this could have been fun with a better director and producers and studio.

A film like this doesn't need 1 hour 30 minutes of character set up. It needs well directed action. 

Edited by Krissykins

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

They were in their suits for about 3 minutes. 

Hide contents

They morphed... fought some bad guys in the water on the way out, afew more at the surface then got into the robots. That was it. No fight choreography... which is what it's known for. 

I liked 4 out of 5 of the Rangers and the beginning but the set up went on far too long. 

I see. I think this movie was great, despite its flaws. This is where the characters are being introduced, so there would be more setting up, rather than action scenes.

If we get a sequel, we'll probably get more fight scenes and action. I just hope we won't get 6 movies. That's way too much. They can easily tell everything in 3 movies. A trilogy would be better.

All in all, it seems you didn't think it was a bad movie itself. It just needed more action and less setting up.