lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

I honestly thought the minority characters were way better developed than the bland while lead or the white girl shitty subplot. But that is just me. 

The actress is half-Indian. Is the character supposed to be white? As in, do they show both of her parents to be Caucasian?

16 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The actress is half-Indian. Is the character supposed to be white? As in, do they show both of her parents to be Caucasian?

the actress is half indian? Really? lol I thought she was just white lmao. 

3 hours ago, blurredbynes said:

I was wondering what you were talking about cause none of the main women were white apart from Rita (lol). I don't remember them showing her parents 

mm well I didn't say anything about her race. It was other people. I didn't know the actress was half indian though. 

The character's name is Kimberly Hart, so I believe the fictional character was meant to be Caucasian. Considering the actress has an Indian background, showing her parentage in the movie would've helped their diversity goals, imo. 

Looking at the original cast, these were the changes for the movie

Jason Scott white male -> white male

Kimberly Hart white female -> white/indian female

Billy Cranston white male -> black male

Zack Taylor black male -> chinese male

Trini Kwan vietnamese female -> latino female

Edited by UrosepsisFace
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

So this pulled in $3.6M from Thursday screenings. Mojo says that $40M+ is a lock now. So it's already outperforming expectations, if only slightly. Let's cross our fingers and see where this goes.

That club I made looks to be over, although I'll wait until the next set of numbers for the Friday box office to be sure.  But remember, this movie is very likely to be frontloaded, so its opening weekend may be different from other movies.

1 hour ago, johnboy3434 said:

So this pulled in $3.6M from Thursday screenings. Mojo says that $40M+ is a lock now. So it's already outperforming expectations, if only slightly. Let's cross our fingers and see where this goes.

The faithful will prevail. this is breaking out. :bravo: