lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't understand why this connected with the domestic fans so well but 62 foreign countries gave it a finger and rightfully so. It could have been good but they decided to put the spotlight on the most boring and unlikable characters (Jason and Kimberley) instead of everyone else who isn't those two. 

we know why....

Wait, so P&A costs were included in LG's 25% exposure on Power Rangers? Hell, in that case a profit is all but assured and it's only a matter of whether LG thinks the return is big enough or not. Even if it follows Jack the Giant Slayer's horrible performance, it would still end up with $88.4M DOM and $9.7M from the UK. That would translate into roughly $51.9M going to LG's pockets.

Edited by johnboy3434

7 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Wait, so P&A costs were included in LG's 25% exposure on Power Rangers? Hell, in that case a profit is all but assured and it's only a matter of whether LG thinks the return is big enough or not. Even if it follows Jack the Giant Slayer's horrible performance, it would still end up with $88.4M DOM and $9.7M from the UK. That would translate into roughly $51.9M going to LG's pockets.

probably do better then that,because it's being release in China now I hope. Plus let's not forget their other markets it hasn't opened in yet also. Like Spain,Italy,France,and Japan. The 18M 0W is the earliy number not including those countries. Plus has Germany number been released. I know it open there,but no number has come out yet I believe.

Edited by Momo

7 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

Wait, so P&A costs were included in LG's 25% exposure on Power Rangers? Hell, in that case a profit is all but assured 

Depend if it is because the sales paid for 75% of the total production + domestic release cost, or if it is because of co-financier, it is probably a mix of 2, if so it depend on the nature of that co-financing deal if profit are almost a certainty.

9 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I don't think P&A were included.

I'm pretty sure it's 25% of the production cost. 

Edit: ah yes, they sold overseas rights for $75m, which is 25% of the budget. 

Edited by Krissykins

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don't think P&A were included.

I'm pretty sure it's 25% of the production cost. 

Edit: ah yes, they sold overseas rights for $75m, which is 25% of the budget. 

Deadline said they were:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/power-rangers-lionsgate-return-to-big-screen-box-office-1202052445/

While Power Rangers isn’t a jawdropping opening in the Transformers sense of the word, many rivals have acknowledged that it’s a good start for the series, considering that a majority of the pic’s $100M production cost was funded via Lionsgate’s foreign pre-sales and output deals. Financial sources estimate that the distributor has a 25% exposure including stateside P&A. 

But, Financial sources "estimates", what is the source that they sold overseas right for $75m ?

expect becky g and ludi lin to have a bigger role in power rangers 2

power rangers box office is thnx hispanics and asians, power rangers overperformed with hispanics, overperformed with asians ,underperformed with whites and underperformed with blacks

38% hispanic

30% white

18% asians 

9% african americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuM_lGgjRp0

(jump to 6:00)

for comp. the us box office is

whites: 50% of us box office

hispanics: 32% of us box office

african americans: 12% of us box office

asians: 8%of us box office

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...t-says-latinos

Just now, Gokira2012 said:

expect becky g and ludi lin to have a bigger role in power rangers 2

power rangers box office is thnx hispanics and asians, power rangers overperformed with hispanics, overperformed with asians ,underperformed with whites and underperformed with blacks

38% hispanic

30% white

18% asians 

9% african americans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuM_lGgjRp0

(jump to 6:00)

for comp. the us box office is

whites: 50% of us box office

hispanics: 32% of us box office

african americans: 12% of us box office

asians: 8%of us box office

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...t-says-latinos

I very much doubt that demographics have anything to do with it. More like it simply didn't appeal to anyone other than diehard fans. 

• Like 3