lilmac

Saban's Power Rangers | March 24, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 47

8 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Someone I know found out that the poster with the starry night sky released earlier this year is an edited stock photo. I don't know how common this is in the industry, but damn it just seems lazy.

Reveal hidden contents

we really out here exposing these hoes

tumblr_inline_oaivgnGBzo1qfemna_500.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Someone I know found out that the poster with the starry night sky released earlier this year is an edited stock photo. I don't know how common this is in the industry, but damn it just seems lazy.

Reveal hidden contents

I heard about that, and instead of a stock photo, they could have simply used the setting that the initial cast photo was seen in, only at night with a vehicle there instead.  It sounds so easy it's hard to believe they went the other route instead.

Also, there were no new details out of Power Morphicon about the movie, which was not entirely surprising to the fans who were following the event schedule, although some held out hope Lionsgate would surprise fans.  Everything was about the next TV season, Ninja Steel, which makes you wonder why Lionsgate didn't present any new information, at a a fan convention for all things Power Rangers.

Edited by Outrageous!

10 minutes ago, Outrageous! said:

I heard about that, and instead of a stock photo, they could have simply used the setting that the initial cast photo was seen in, only at night with a vehicle there instead.  It sounds so easy it's hard to believe they went the other route instead.

Also, there were no new details out of Power Morphicon about the movie, which was not entirely surprising to the fans who were following the event schedule, although some held out hope Lionsgate would surprise fans.  Everything was about the next TV season, Ninja Steel, which makes you wonder why Lionsgate didn't present any new information, at a a fan convention for all things Power Rangers.

So there was no mention of it at all? That's ridiculous.

Edited by NoobSaibot

12 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

This doesn't sound good at all.

• Like 1

Lionsgate's presence at Power Morphicon looks like it consisted of a recycled booth from SDCC.  The comic book in the same post is unofficial, and not something from Boom Studios.

And in a Rangercrew post, it is said Lionsgate wants to make the trrailer "epic, spot on, and blow everyone away."  It is easy for me to be doubtful about that when Lionsgate has been too quiet about the movie at two recent events that are supposed to generate hype - SDCC and Power Morphicon.  Forget about a trailer: how about more character details, voice actors, cameo announcements, even product placement, just something about the upcoming movie?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Do they know that they're making a Power Rangers movie

This is Lionsgate's big franchise now. And knowing how Lionsgate marketing screws up everything, expect the trailer to be a horrible mishmash of tones.

This is currently skewing more towards a Jem (no name director, no name cast, lower budget, smaller production house) than a Transformers (unlimited budget, top notch VFX and a director who knows spectacle)

• Like 2

Empire has a short preview article about an interview with Haim Saban.  More will be in the next issue on Thursday.  It describes the movie as being "character driven."

Does Dean Israelite realize he's working for Haim Saban?  In 1994, when 3 of the original MMPR actors wanted raises, they were instantly replaced, and about 6 episodes had 3 of the Ranger characters missing, and more had fake voiceover acting.  It sounds odd to me to make this a "character driven" movie, when the entire Power Rangers franchise for nearly 25 years has been sustained by having replaceable actors and characters.  I'm sure that if the Ranger actors think too highly of themselves after this movie, and want much more money for a potential sequel, the chances are good for history to repeat itself, with Lionsgate and Saban making "Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Kat," Power Rangers and to use the name of the red herring characters for the White Ranger as a possible 5th replacement Ranger, Curtis or Richie, to fill in the shoes of these characters.

Edited by Outrageous!

2 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

Empire has a short preview article about an interview with Haim Saban.  More will be in the next issue on Thursday.  It describes the movie as being "character driven."

Does Dean Israelite realize he's working for Haim Saban?  In 1994, when 3 of the original MMPR actors wanted raises, they were instantly replaced, and about 6 episodes had 3 of the Ranger characters missing, and more had fake voiceover acting.  It sounds odd to me to make this a "character driven" movie, when the entire Power Rangers franchise for nearly 25 years has been sustained by having replaceable actors and characters.  I'm sure that if the Ranger actors think too highly of themselves after this movie, and want much more money for a potential sequel, the chances are good for history to repeat itself, with Lionsgate and Saban making "Rocky, Adam, Aisha, Kat," Power Rangers and to use the name of the red herring characters for the White Ranger as a possible 5th replacement Ranger, Curtis or Richie, to fill in the shoes of these characters.

Didn't they make the suits first and then hire actors who fit them?

Is this the Rocky one or the Andros one?  I'm trying to remember where Zordon fit in.  Was he the mentor type guy (the only adult) who basically lived in a giant test tube of fluid or something?

Edited by trifle

4 hours ago, Outrageous! said:

That sounds like a pretty shitty company to work for.

2 hours ago, trifle said:

Didn't they make the suits first and then hire actors who fit them?

Is this the Rocky one or the Andros one?  I'm trying to remember where Zordon fit in.  Was he the mentor type guy (the only adult) who basically lived in a giant test tube of fluid or something?

Zordon was Head in a tube guy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arlborn said:

That sounds like a pretty shitty company to work for.

Karan Ashley (Aisha from MMPR) has long been critical of Saban, but what really stands out is what she said on her radio show 3 years ago about turning down a cameo role in "Legendary Battle," and this post on TokuNation has a summary of it.  And the part I found most fascinating to read was this:

Karan spoke about her role on the movie, and how at it's red carpet debut, she stepped out of the limo and saw Haim Saban. She greeted him and he didn't even really know who she was, which led into the fact that it was never about the actors, but the toys and the money that Saban makes and they could easily be replaced.

So, what is going to be different now from back then, aside from the 2017 movie being made by Lionsgate and not 20th Century Fox?  And when the Lionsgate CEO said "7 movies" earlier this year, you don't think he meant keeping the same actors as the 2017 film for all 7 films, do you?  If anything, they would be more likely to follow the TV show format used by Super Sentai and current Power Rangers seasons, and get an entirely new set of Power Rangers to save the world in future movie sequel installments beyond the first few.  And even if these Rangers stay "Jason" and the others, it is very possible that they could do what many other movies do and cast another actor to play the same Ranger character in a sequel.

I think I'll just never understand why the rangers have moulded plastic mouths that can't move.

Frankly, I expect nothing from this movie apart from grown men in their 30's bitching about how the movie desecrated the 'purity' of the franchise online.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

I think I'll just never understand why the rangers have moulded plastic mouths that can't movie.

Frankly, I expect nothing from this movie apart from grown men in their 30's bitching about how the movie desecrated the 'purity' of the franchise online.

Must have actual mouths and faces.  Looks better that way.

thehorror_zpsba867e0d.jpg

9 hours ago, AJG said:

I think I'll just never understand why the rangers have moulded plastic mouths that can't move.

Shit, you're probably right about that. :rofl:

8 hours ago, Klingo said:

Must have actual mouths and faces.  Looks better that way.

thehorror_zpsba867e0d.jpg

:bourne: