Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

Neighbors should do 40m+. It's crazy how 40m is not what it used to be though. For example, go back 11 years and Daredevil now adjusts to a 53.2m opening and the ultimate extreme would be 14 years before that and Batman, which adjusts to 81.2m.

40m used to be kind of a big deal.

Posted Image

Is that Popeye as Spiderman?

• Like 5

Finally home for the summer and my family and cousin Marcus is causally watching the draft and my dad goes "Marc, wanna see that movie?" Hes like which movie and my dad says Neighbors. (The commercial was not on TV). Did not think my dad would be interested in that. Im going Sunday but he and Marcus already left and Marcus' wife is joining.My dad said the couch gag hooked him. Now im waiting on my dad to come back and say it was corny, but yet buy it on Bluray later. So yeah, my demo report for the evening. But yeah, been on the highway all day, how yall mofos doing.

IM3 jumped about 159%

Avengers jumped 135%

Spider-man 3 jumped 190%

So if ASM2 jumps by 235%, it will be the biggest Friday jump for a first week in May opener, in forever.

I'm not able to stay up late and play the is it/isn't the number game. That numbers reeks of so much bullshit you can smell the fear emanating from SONY's boardroom. Someone in HR is prepping a pink slip on Monday morning.

• Founder / Operator

Haven't seen any updates in awhile, but I'd be very skeptical about that TASM2 number. Have heard conflicting reports, but in fairness, they were hours ago.

• Like 2

Haven't seen any updates in awhile, but I'd be very skeptical about that TASM2 number. Have heard conflicting reports, but in fairness, they were hours ago.

Come on Shawn, what conflicting reports exactly? You can't just say that and not expecting us to pester you about the details. :P
  • Like 1

But they don't get their numbers from Sony suits, do they? I thought they had access to a database which pooled info from theaters.

No, that's only available to the studios (and their analysts). Someone will then leak a number to one or more outlets; depending on the details of the information, that outlet will either do their own extrapolation or just go off what the studio is guesstimating.

As far as I know, anyway.

• Like 4

I'm planning on seeing Captain America 2 on Sunday.  This will be a good decision, yes?  I'm usually not a big fan of comic book movies or deafening visual effects spectacles, but the 90% approval rating on RT and good word of mouth makes me believe that it has a good script that can appeal to adults.  Heard that much of the film feels like a Soviet conspiracy thriller rather than a little kids movie.  If this is correct, I will go see it.

It's definitely not a kids movie and nowhere near a spectacle. I wouldn't call it a soviet spy thriller either. At the end of the day it's still a superhero movie and it will require a certain level of" suspension of disbelief". It's comic book characters set in a somewhat realistic environment. Where it shines for me is the action. It's good old fashioned hand to hand combat and shootouts. It's more like Bourne on steroids. I think it's a fantastic movie and it ties in well with the first movie so that makes it pretty special in my book. A lot of sequels don't do that. 

• Like 2

I'm planning on seeing Captain America 2 on Sunday.  This will be a good decision, yes?  I'm usually not a big fan of comic book movies or deafening visual effects spectacles, but the 90% approval rating on RT and good word of mouth makes me believe that it has a good script that can appeal to adults.  Heard that much of the film feels like a Soviet conspiracy thriller rather than a little kids movie.  If this is correct, I will go see it.

Go see it!  It's more of a political-thriller with comic book characters than a comic book movie, if that makes sense.

• Like 2