Olive

Weekend Numbers (May 9-11) Neighbors 51.1 ASM2 37.2

I'd add Tropic of Thunder - an actual R rated comedy from the 00s that made me laugh and mostly because of RDJ in black face. :o

Ahh yes, of course. That's not just blackface...that's Oacar nominated blackface.
  • Like 3

But in the case of ASM2 there wasn't any accommodated excess demand.  There's nothing about these two films and their performance so far that's equatable except that they star Spider-man.

That was my point. ;)

But Sony...oops, I mean Deadline wants you to do that for TASM2. They even asked nicely in their article earlier.

Deadline thinks you can, lol. 

I am not responsible for Sony and Deadline's shenanigans. I do not live in Puerto Rico(old joke, I know). :P

• Like 1

LOL They went back and revised their article from yesterday today. Come on Deadline it's not that serious.

This is what they posted earlier. 

Mother’s Day box office weekend — The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in its sophomore frame or the R-rated frat prank comedyNeighbors starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron, which is expected to have a stellar performance this weekend as word is that it truly delivers. The question comes down to how significant a drop Spidey will have this weekend. Taking away Thursday’s $8.7M gross and concentrating on the three-day weekend, the number to work with is ASM2‘s $82.9M three-day gross.
http://www.deadline...._medium=twitter

This is what the have there now:

"The question comes down to how significant a drop Spidey will have this weekend. Taking away Thursday’s $8.7M gross and concentrating on the three-day weekend gross number only, ASM2totalled $82.9M."

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/neighbors-amazing-spider-man-2-office-race/

Bapi called them on it and I think his comment got deleted. At least I can't find it now.

• Like 6

LOL They went back and revised their article from yesterday today. Come on Deadline it's not that serious.

This is what the have there now:

"The question comes down to how significant a drop Spidey will have this weekend. Taking away Thursday’s $8.7M gross and concentrating on the three-day weekend gross number only, ASM2totalled $82.9M."

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/neighbors-amazing-spider-man-2-office-race/

Bapi called them on it and I think his comment got deleted. At least I can't find it now.

Nice! DHD gets the total pawnage it deserves from Bapi and E.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

A preview for next week:

WARNER BROS.

BOXOFFICE.COM

baumer: I want to talk to ShawnMR.

*We see a gif war aftermath in a thread*

baumer: You’re not fooling anyone when you say what happened here was a natural wait for numbers.

*We see people complaining about no numbers*

baumer: You’re lying. It wasn’t an Nikki overdose, it wasn’t a Walmart fudge.

*baumer sends a moderator PM*

baumer: Because what’s really happening is that you’re hiding some numbers.

*Complete utter desolation of the boards*

baumer: And when the real numbers get out, they’re  gonna send us back to the refugee boards!

*We see Rth under active users. In the weekend thread, everyone freaks out in hopes of numbers.*

baumer: God help us all.

*A charter member team searches through an archived thread.*

firedeep: On November 15, 2011, a certain member joined to eventually cause mass chaos.

British woman: Those bannings in the weekend thread?

*A banning is dropped on Rth to no effect*

ECSTASY: Not accidents.

firedeep: They were trying to kill it.

NEXT WEEKEND

*baumer and Spaghetti look off into the distance at destruction*

baumer: You have no idea what’s coming!

*firedeep looks scared at the camera*

Spaghetti: Can you ban it?

*A charter member team clicks out of an index into a devastated thread. baumer cries, seeing iJack for the last time.*

firedeep: The arrogance of moderators is thinking the boards are in our control.

*Something – a NEO – is taking down planes, one by one*

firedeep: And not the other way around.

*A team profile-stalks Rth. NEO posts terrifying predicts. Spaghetti reads the weekend thread, which is attacked by a thread de-rail; Aaron quickly clicks out of the thread and into the Marvel vs. DC thread. k2stpierre holds a baby Captain Jack Sparrow desperately. We get a clear shot of Rth about to post numbers.*

GODZILLA OPENING WEEKEND THREAD

MAY 2014

If you want to make a poster, Spaghetti, I’d like to be David Strathairn

:P

• Like 16

So...

I hope you people all have Skype accounts because tonight is going to be the first official Skype Weekend Box Office Audio Chat hosted by #ED and me!

When is it? 8PM PST/10PM CST/11PM EST

How many people can fit? Technically 25!

What if this ruins the weekend thread? I have the full intention of still posting so I can whore some likes!

What will we talk about? My love life and Christopher Nolan. Maybe some numbers too.

What if I don't have a Skype account? It's very easy to create, you can download it or it's already integrated with your Windows 8 ready machine.

What if I don't have a Webcam/mic? Well....shit.

You and your clique is ruining box office! Sorry :(

GOSH DANG IT I WAS IN A SHOW D:

A preview for next week:

WARNER BROS.BOXOFFICE.COMbaumer: I want to talk to ShawnMR.*We see a gif war aftermath in a thread*baumer: You’re not fooling anyone when you say what happened here was a natural wait for numbers.*We see people complaining about no numbers*baumer: You’re lying. It wasn’t an Nikki overdose, it wasn’t a Walmart fudge.*baumer sends a moderator PM*baumer: Because what’s really happening is that you’re hiding some numbers.*Complete utter desolation of the boards*baumer: And when the real numbers get out, they’re gonna send us back to the refugee boards!*We see Rth under active users. In the weekend thread, everyone freaks out in hopes of numbers.*baumer: God help us all.*A charter member team searches through an archived thread.*firedeep: On November 15, 2011, a certain member joined to eventually cause mass chaos.British woman: Those bannings in the weekend thread?*A banning is dropped on Rth to no effect*ECSTASY: Not accidents.firedeep: They were trying to kill it.NEXT WEEKEND*baumer and Spaghetti look off into the distance at destruction*baumer: You have no idea what’s coming!*firedeep looks scared at the camera*Spaghetti: Can you ban it?*A charter member team clicks out of an index into a devastated thread. baumer cries, seeing iJack for the last time.*firedeep: The arrogance of moderators is thinking the boards are in our control.*Something – a NEO – is taking down planes, one by one*firedeep: And not the other way around.*A team profile-stalks Rth. NEO posts terrifying predicts. Spaghetti reads the weekend thread, which is attacked by a thread de-rail; Aaron quickly clicks out of the thread and into the Marvel vs. DC thread. k2stpierre holds a baby Captain Jack Sparrow desperately. We get a clear shot of Rth about to post numbers.*GODZILLA OPENING WEEKEND THREADMAY 2014

If you want to make a poster, Spaghetti, I’d like to be David Strathairn

:P

These will never get old. No poster this week, sadly, as my laptop is under repair. Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 2