vc2002

Name your guilty pleasure movies

For me, a guilty pleasure is a film you know and think is bad, but still enjoy anyway.

For example, I think Birdemic is a bad film, but I still enjoy the fuck out of it, hence guilty pleasure.

Everyone else thinks Speed Racer is a bad film, but I think they're wrong and that it's absolutely awesome, hence it's not a guilty pleasure. 

I agree with this definition, but I only like Birdemic because it's bad, so I don't know if it would be a guilty pleasure for me. It's funny when it's not supposed to be funny, your laughing at the movie, not with the movie.

I don't think I have many guilty pleasure movies, I can only remember Pocahontas right now.

Most of my guilty pleasures are cartoons and tv series.

Edited by JohnnY

Anything by Roland Emmerich. His films are always so cheesy, but they always hit the right spot for me. That redneck character from Independence Day who rams his plane into the alien ship nearly brought me to tears. I am ashamed to admit that. Well, not really, but still. And in 2012, when the world is ending and that guy calls his little girl. Again, it's insanely cheesy, and again, it moved me.I haven't seen all of his films, but I like each one. Even WHD, which didn't have any emotionally powerful moment was a fun film for me. 

• Like 1

Well looking at IMDb ratings, no. Liked, maybe, but only about 1/3 loved it.

lol, Armageddon is loved by the masses, its one of those old school beloved disaster movies so I don't care what the IMDB rating say (being the internet an all, notorious for hating Bay movies), it doesn't reflect what the GA really thought of it.

according to IMDB, Pacific Rim is more loved than Armageddon and Independence Day lol.

Edited by Jessie

lol, Armageddon is loved by the masses, its one of those old school beloved disaster movies so I don't care what the IMDB rating say (being the internet an all, notorious for hating Bay movies), it doesn't reflect what the GA really thought of it.

according to IMDB, Pacific Rim is more loved than Armageddon and Independence Day lol.

And that's lolworthy because....?

Weeell, I decided to really look into this and what better place than IMDB? So what I did, I looked up my 10/10 and 9/10 movies and searched for the ones with the lowest overall rating. So here they are:

10/10: Gremlins 2 (rating 6.3 on IMDB)

9/10:  Rocketeer (also rating 6.3 on IMDB)

You know, I never would have chosen either one as a "guilty pleasure" because I thought they were generally loved. How on earth can such masterworks only get 6.3 ?!

• Like 1

And that's lolworthy because....?

its lolworthy because it just shows how useless IMDB ratings are. The GA quite clearly loved Armageddon and ID4, they didn't care much for PR. Every time I mention PR you seem to come out of your cave to reply with some pointless posts, we get it, you like Pacific Rim, cool.

Edited by Jessie