A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Iger will be with us until 2026

I don’t give two months before Chapek gets the boot. Iger will be sticking around further. If I was a Disney shareholder I would be pissed right now, and I say this as someone that Premier Access is a good pro consumer move while covid is still a thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

I don’t give two months before Chapek gets the boot. Iger will be sticking around further. If I was a Disney shareholder I would be pissed right now, and I say this as someone that Premier Access is a good pro consumer move while covid is still a thing.

That has made so many enemies in such a short  period of time  is not good for New CEO. He might be the kind of exec who is good for doing the  dirty work that must be done but who you do not want heading the whole company.

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2021/08/walt-disney-animation-studios-vancouver-studio-what-if-1234809175/

Effective next year, Walt Disney Animation Studios (WDAS) is throwing the doors open to a new facility in Vancouver, British Columbia which will focus on long-form series and special projects for Disney+. The first project they’ll work on is the highly-anticipated, feature-quality musical series Moana.

Animation vet Amir Nasrabadi will serve as Head of Walt Disney Animation Studios, Vancouver. Nasrabadi most recently served as EVP/General Manager at WildBrain Studios. Previous roles include overseeing Pixar Canada as VP/General Manager as well as senior leadership roles with Illumination and Paramount Animation. Amir’s role with Walt Disney Animation Studios marks a return to the studio, where he served as a Finance lead.

The Burbank studio will also expand its over 900 employees as it remains Walt Disney Animation Studios’ exclusive hub for feature film projects as well as shorter form series such as the recently announced Baymax and Zootopia+. Story development, storyboarding and production design for all projects will be based on the Burbank lot.

• Like 3

Disney crossed $400M at domestic box office yesterday, will be standing at $430M by end of weekend, just behind WB $442M. By THU, Disney will get to #1 with just 5 movies. With Shang Chi, Eternals, Encanto and so on, probably be only $1B movie studio in 2021.

The one's released will probably gross $545M.

Shang Chi - $150M

Eternals - $250-300M

Encanto - $150-200M

Last Duel, King's Man, WSS, French Dispatch, etc. - $200-300M

Total - 1.3-1.5B

All things considered, not a terrible year.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

https://deadline.com/2021/09/summer-box-office-2021-covid-disney-hbo-max-streaming-black-widow-1234828431/

Top Studios at 2021 Summer Box Office

Studio                 Summer B.O. *  % change from summer 2019**        
Disney                 $483M       -72%

20th                  $103.1M             -33%

Disney/20th combined   $586.1M             -69%

Universal/Focus $407.4M             -24%

Warner Bros      $249.4M             -37%

Paramount        $220.6M             +17%

Sony/Sony Classics         $105M             -85%

Lionsgate            $68.3M               -78%

United Artists Releasing $50.1M         -48%

*for period of May 7-September 6

**vs. first weekend in May through Labor Day 2019

Top Ten Movies of Summer 2021

1.) Black Widow (Dis) $182.6M

2.) F9 (Uni) $172.9M

3.) A Quiet Place Part II (Par)   $160M

4.) Jungle Cruise (Dis) $106.8M

5.) Shang-Chi (Dis) $94.6M

6.) Free Guy (Dis) $94.4M

7.) Cruella (Dis) $86.1M

8.) Space Jam: A New Legacy (WB) $67.1M

9.) The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (NL) $65.5M

10.) The Boss Baby: Family Business (Uni/DWA) $57M

45 days for Eternals, Ron's Gone Wrong, The King's Man, West Side Story and The Last Duel. Encanto gets a shorter 30 day window (still more than enough IMO) in order for Disney to have it on streaming in time for Christmas eve.

Makes sense to me. Hopefully this is the standard going forward.

• Like 1

30 day window for Encanto is incredibly smart gives them Thanksgiving theatrical and Xmas for Disney+ also should keep marketing costs very low. Wording makes it sound like that will be free on Disney+ no matter what happens with others as they said "while maintaining the flexibility to give our Disney+ subscribers the gift of Encanto this holiday season."

Also should find out in a week or so if Shang-Chi is coming to Disney+ without a cost (which I think is most likely) when they release their October lineup. Free Guy is coming to ANZ without any extra cost at the end of the month (same time as it is getting a digital release on iTunes, Amazon etc. in the US) is why I'm leaning to no extra cost once these come to Disney+

Edited by Jamiem

3 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Mhm, they usually release their monthly content update between the 15th-17th

Yeah for US it is usually the middle of the month, should be sometime next week. 

Edited by Jamiem

Predictions for the Untitled fare (outside of the animated stuff, because who knows what's going on there)...

April 8, 2022 - Next Goal Wins

June 10 - See How They Run

August 12 - The Menu

September 23 - Predator 5

December 23 - Rosaline

March 10, 2023 - Shrunk

July 14 - Lion King Prequel

July 28 - Fantastic Four

August 11 - Haunted Mansion

September 15 - Planet of the Apes 4

October 6 - Blade

October 20 - ??? (maybe Haunted Mansion replaces the 20th Century film here)

November 10 - Captain America 4

February 16, 2024 - Deadpool 3

March 22 - Snow White

May 3 - The Mutants

May 24 - Children of Blood and Bone or Free Guy 2 (probs the latter)

July 5 - Cruella 2

July 26 - Shang-Chi 2

November 8 - Eternals 2

December 19, 2025 - Taika's Star Wars

December 17, 2027 - Papa Feige's Star Wars

• Like 2