A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

7 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Curious, what has Zaslav sold? Besides some music rights? 

The rumor is Zaslev ultimate goal is to sell off Warners and/or it;s component parts to another company, making himself a lot of money in the process but screwing over other  stockholders.. Classic Corporate Raider tactics; Loot the company you are in charge of.

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The rumor is Zaslev ultimate goal is to sell off Warners and/or it;s component parts to another company, making himself a lot of money in the process but screwing over other  stockholders.. Classic Corporate Raider tactics; Loot the company you are in charge of.

I understand that. But so far he hasn't really done that. Yes he's cut costs (in a very shitty way) but he hasn't actually done anything to trigger any rumor he's going to sell it for parts

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

What a weird way to try to insulate some people from criticism. But business is a lot like football in one way: the past wins count for something but it's much more about what you have done LATELY. 

Matched with a wins of above replacement view. There isn't anyone out there obviously better than Iger (or Bill Belichick).

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

And I have to laugh at people who probably could not read a balance sheet or accounting report  pretending they are big time CEO's.

You assume they know that what it is. Delivering results at that high of a level requires in depth knowledge of such a wide variety of areas, most can barely comprehend it.  

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

Who would they sell to?

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's not like Iger needs a golden parachute When he left Disney, he was worth hundreds of milliosn of dollars.

BTW I love the "All businessman are bastards" attitude copped by a few here. 

Problem is the system they seem to want, where the govnerment controls everything, has been tried and not worked out very well.

Why do people like yourself always like to resurrect the corpse of communism? 

Systems are not binary although the US political system tries to educate otherwise. 

The world as we know it is being driven to extinction and capitalism is the cause. There's no getting away from that. 

Don't absolutely have confidence in snow white being good. Track record for this live action reimaginings  is already hit and miss.

At least Hailey was gorgeous and could sing but  I really don't get the casting choice for snow white and queen Regina .Will smith and and to an extent Hailey felt like inspired choices   but  Just feels like Disney really just ticking diversity boxes. 

ROP/HOD did it way better . I'm just meh on race swapping in general but Disney is the absolute worst at excuting it.

This is a movie if handled really well could have been big money maker . This is the movie that set the ball rolling for Disney and adjusted for inflation biggest animation of all time . Easy billion dollar film but now looks Cinderella at best IMO if it's lucky.

• Like 2

I don’t usually post about comic books here except when it’s inherently linked to the MCU, but I feel like this book might be an exception:

Marvel doesn’t ask Jonathan Hickman to make a comic book if they don’t have major plans for them. And by major plans I mean future Marvel Studios plans. I think Jonathan is quickly cementing himself as one of the best comic book writers of all time, and he is easily the best of the 21st century.

So my point bringing up this is that this is different than anything he has ever done for Marvel. This isn’t his take on the Avengers that got adapted into a lot of the MCU, neither Secret Wars, neither his reinvention of the X-Men that might actually be the best X-Men run of all time and that will likely heavily influence some of the next MCU films. This is Marvel assigning Hickman to actually create brand new characters for them. So what I’m saying is, expect to see Marvel Studios G.O.D.S. in the next 10 to 20 years.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

Rank the Disney Princess live action ladies:

1. Emma Watson as Belle - childhood crush, elegant face, horny UK accent, beautiful European vibes, Belle is the prime beauty of Emma Watson. Love her ❤️❤️. Marry me pleaseee, my face looks similar to the beast!!😻😻. Watched it 4 times cause of Emma Watson beauty!!!!

2. Naomi Scott as Jasmine - cute type, lovely face, wife material, cuteee and cuteee, Arabian/Middle East beauty. I’m speechlessss 😍😍. Her tiger can maul me and I won’t even angry (cause probably I’d be dead 💀 ). Incredible film also. Watched it 4 times too. 
3. Lily James as Cinderella - Hot princess, down to earth, horny UK accent, sexy body, seducing voice. 💕💕. Ideal type of princess. If only I’m a rich and handsome prince 😢. Third place with only tiny differences from Emma Watson and Naomi Scott. 

4. Liu Yifei as Mulan - Chinese girl supremacy. Asian beauty. Chinese bias from me. Shit film tho. Liu yifei’s faces and body carry the movie. And the character also depicted as strong independent woman. I like it. Go Mulan!!!! 🥰

5. Elle Fanning as Aurora - Too young (don’t want my door to be knocked by FBI😰). Pretty also. But too young. Just average. great movies tho. Angelina Jolie supremacy carry the movie.

6. Halle Bailey as Ariel - beautiful voice and acting. Good movie. Don’t really like her too much. 
7. Mia Wasikowska as Alice - ….. (Never saw Alice movies so no comment). 

8. Rachel Ziegler as Snow White - not even released so how would I rate her. But still put her in the list so the list looks long and academically decent.

1 minute ago, Claudio said:

Rank the Disney Princess live action ladies:

1. Emma Watson as Belle - childhood crush, elegant face, horny UK accent, beautiful European vibes, Belle is the prime beauty of Emma Watson. Love her ❤️❤️. Marry me pleaseee, my face looks similar to the beast!!😻😻. Watched it 4 times cause of Emma Watson beauty!!!!

2. Naomi Scott as Jasmine - cute type, lovely face, wife material, cuteee and cuteee, Arabian/Middle East beauty. I’m speechlessss 😍😍. Her tiger can maul me and I won’t even angry (cause probably I’d be dead 💀 ). Incredible film also. Watched it 4 times too. 
3. Lily James as Cinderella - Hot princess, down to earth, horny UK accent, sexy body, seducing voice. 💕💕. Ideal type of princess. If only I’m a rich and handsome prince 😢. Third place with only tiny differences from Emma Watson and Naomi Scott. 

4. Liu Yifei as Mulan - Chinese girl supremacy. Asian beauty. Chinese bias from me. Shit film tho. Liu yifei’s faces and body carry the movie. And the character also depicted as strong independent woman. I like it. Go Mulan!!!! 🥰

5. Elle Fanning as Aurora - Too young (don’t want my door to be knocked by FBI😰). Pretty also. But too young. Just average. great movies tho. Angelina Jolie supremacy carry the movie.

6. Halle Bailey as Ariel - beautiful voice and acting. Good movie. Don’t really like her too much. 
7. Mia Wasikowska as Alice - ….. (Never saw Alice movies so no comment). 

8. Rachel Ziegler as Snow White - not even released so how would I rate her. But still put her in the list so the list looks long and academically decent.

My guy, u gotta learn how to horny post. This just sounds like you haven't felt the touch of a woman ever

• Haha 9

12 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Don't absolutely have confidence in snow white being good. Track record for this live action reimaginings  is already hit and miss.

At least Hailey was gorgeous and could sing but  I really don't get the casting choice for snow white and queen Regina .Will smith and and to an extent Hailey felt like inspired choices   but  Just feels like Disney really just ticking diversity boxes. 

ROP/HOD did it way better . I'm just meh on race swapping in general but Disney is the absolute worst at excuting it.

This is a movie if handled really well could have been big money maker . This is the movie that set the ball rolling for Disney and adjusted for inflation biggest animation of all time . Easy billion dollar film but now looks Cinderella at best IMO if it's lucky.

Zegler has been the best part of every movie she's been in so far, and is a star in the making. What don't you "get"? She's an American from New Jersey...

Also the Queen being Gal Gadot makes sense because she's supposed to be the most beautiful woman in the world, right? Like that's the whole point of the movie/story. Hasn't Gal been looked at in that way for 6+ years now?

Honestly just some of the dumbest discourse online is about "race swapping" or "gender swapping" characters. People need to get a life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

Zegler has been the best part of every movie she's been in so far, and is a star in the making. What don't you "get"? She's an American from New Jersey...

Also the Queen being Gal Gadot makes sense because she's supposed to be the most beautiful woman in the world, right? Like that's the whole point of the movie/story. Hasn't Gal been looked at in that way for 6+ years now?

Honestly just some of the dumbest discourse online is about "race swapping" or "gender swapping" characters. People need to get a life.

No. Snow White is supposed to be most beautiful character in the story, because the Queen was jealous of her beauty. That's why she sent a huntsman to kill her and deliver her heart. And when the Huntsman failed she turned into an old lady to kill her with a poisoned apple. She's jealous and want wants to kill her for being prettier than the Queen. That's the whole point.

Edited by Boxx93

On 7/16/2023 at 7:57 PM, Boxx93 said:

Its called Snow White, because she was described as white as the snow with black hair and crimson lips. "The fairest of them all". Its literally in the title. Making the evil queen prettier than Snow White already messes with the story because the Queen sent a Huntsman to kill Snow White out of jealousy of her beauty.

And Kids deserve high quality entertainment, not mediocre stuff. 

So you're saying that POC females don't look beautiful and only white females look beautiful?

• Like 1