A Marvel Fanboy

The Disney Thread | Happy 90th to Donald Duck!

I'm not a fan of theme parks but World of Frozen at Hong Kong Disneyland looks stunning.

I'm guess it's due to space limitations but interesting that neither US resorts are getting it, it's opening at DisneySea in Tokyo and Disneyland Paris in 2025.

Feel Frozen 3 and 4 might be a part 1/2 movie. Like around spring/summer of 2019, they had to rehaul the movie to make it work due to story problems. Can see them having a story plugged out but can’t figure out everything yet but it’s probably a 2025 release, so they might just be doing what Across/Beyond did.

With Wish getting a mixed at best critical reception, Disney might have another big release not performing up to expectations

it will probably do decent at the box office, but WDAS really needed a big home run hit, and I don't think they will get it.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

With Wish getting a mixed at best critical reception, Disney might have another big release not performing up to expectations

it will probably do decent at the box office, but WDAS really needed a big home run hit, and I don't think they will get it.

It could be another Elemental though

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It could be another Elemental though

I think that is what it will end up doing, but Disney clearly was expecting Wish to be big blockbuster and WDAS needs a huge hit Elemental endeu up making a decent profit for Disney which is better then a flop; but The Mouse is/was expecting a lot more from "Wish.". WDAS needs a huge hit, not a modest sucess.

On 11/17/2023 at 8:24 PM, Youngstar said:

I know this is the Disney thread, but how the hell is Twitter supposed to keep the lights on with all it's biggest clients jumping ship... Apple and Disney are the 2 biggest according to this article

The key word here is “pausing” though. My guess is that they’ll quietly come back once the news cycle moves on. Isn’t that what happened in the past?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Eric Gray Baird said:

Can't wait to be bombarded with all his Cartoon Network characters I don't care about for 20 more years.

What do you mean? All Star Wars viewers watched the cartoons. Its certainly bigger than hit show The Mandalorian. 

Am glad someone else sees it - I feel entirely gaslighted by this shit.

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

(yes, Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge of/president of Lucasfilm)

Variety Fair interview, which the news is sourced from:

Ehhh. Would have been exciting three years ago. Started tales of Jedi ,cool so far . Animation side should be good.

As for live action. He is been getting kind of worse since Mando S1, cracks started to appear in S2 and by S3 ...

Ashoka was his baby and it kind of petered out by the end.

Guess will wait for the movies and output and see.