CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

7 minutes ago, Charism said:

"Good blend" of comedy. Hopefully it will be good in movie, because comedy in this trailer is not blending well with other elements.

Visually jaw-dropping, but everything about John C. Reilly character is too cheesy for my taste.

I disagree.  People want a good time when they go to the movies.  This promises them that.

• Like 3

So, I've never much cared for this film, teaser was fine but still meh on it, you know? Then I've watched this trailer and I really enjoyed it, so I come here expecting to find everyone excited about it and I find people whining about humor of all things. I think "what the fuck" and proceed to watch the trailer again and yup, I still really enjoy it.

You guys are nuts. Is humor the new cool thing to hate on? Cause I'm starting to see a trend.

• Like 10

I think Reilly's character just has gone kind of nuts as it seems he's lived there for a long time now... So maybe that's part of the reason his craziness is coming off funny.

This is getting pretty good reception on social media. Easily the majority liked the trailer. Good sign for Legendary and their Godzilla/Kong universe.

Edited by Cookson
  • Like 3

DAMN that looks terrible. Something with that trailer seems off for some reason. I had really high hopes for this going off the previous trailer and minor teasers leading up to this trailer but now I'm greatly disappointed.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

So, I've never much cared for this film, teaser was fine but still meh on it, you know? Then I've watched this trailer and I really enjoyed it, so I come here expecting to find everyone excited about it and I find people whining about humor of all things. I think "what the fuck" and proceed to watch the trailer again and yup, I still really enjoy it.

You guys are nuts. Is humor the new cool thing to hate on? Cause I'm starting to see a trend.

I'm surprised at how many people expected Kong: Saturday Night Live Island. It already looks like everything else will compensate for that small aspect. 

• Like 1