CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

53 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

My worry is that Warner Bros. is pushing back Legendary's MonsterVerse into the closet in favor of their own properties. I've seen more marketing for The LEGO Batman Movie than I've seen for Kong: Skull Island.

Edit: Apparently this is in Denmark...not the United States. Okay...

16426075_1928034854092256_70054696331210

Source: Vibe Kellermann (@vibe89)

Dat Lego Loki though

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

My worry is that Warner Bros. is pushing back Legendary's MonsterVerse into the closet in favor of their own properties. I've seen more marketing for The LEGO Batman Movie than I've seen for Kong: Skull Island.

Edit: Apparently this is in Denmark...not the United States. Okay...

16426075_1928034854092256_70054696331210

Source: Vibe Kellermann (@vibe89)

Hey that's the IMAX theater in Copenhagen I go to! Cool.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

Well, LEGO Batman comes out next weekend and Kong is 5 weeks away, that's why. ;)

Yeah. I don't know why I wrote that.

But since we're talking about Lego Batman, King Kong is making a brief appearance in that movie. Most likely a cameo.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/212909/king-kong-will-appear-lego-batman-movie/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

Yeah. I don't know why I wrote that.

But since we're talking about Lego Batman, King Kong is making a brief appearance in that movie. Most likely a cameo.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/212909/king-kong-will-appear-lego-batman-movie/

Sauron and Voldemort join him, the Daleks, Gremlins and the Wicked Witch.

17 hours ago, Cookson said:

So what does WB and LP do now? This is the second movie of a planned 4 movie MonsterVerse(currently)... You don't just let it roll over and die. It's not like the movie looks bad.

What does anyone do?  If the movie doesn't make money, they will change course.  Simple.

"Things change."

1236586904_5.jpg

8 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Slowly, but surely, promotion is popping up. (At least overseas.)

The individual who took this photo lives in New Zealand.

Lmao I drove past that today. There's some Logan billboards around the same area.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lavochkin said:

Possible game spot incoming?

https://twitter.com/kongskullisland/status/828377672451383301

Maybe not, they could just be making a reference to Kong and the movie in general.

Warner Bros. didn't purchase any ad time for Super Bowl LI. They haven't done it in years for some reason.

Well, I think I can say Kong will be fine now.  Might still get squeezed some by competition but looks like they pulled it off well enough.  Still think it ends up mixed but not anywhere near a disaster or something like that.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 19

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Well, I think I can say Kong will be fine now.  Might still get squeezed some by competition but looks like they pulled it off well enough.  Still think it ends up mixed but not anywhere near a disaster or something like that.  

What changed?