CJohn

Kong: Skull Island | March 10, 2017 | Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson, John Goodman | Crosses 500M WW

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The facebook promos have started.

I think it looks like dumb fun.

yeah that's all I expect.  I would like more, but it's a big monster movie so I need at least that :P

as long as it doesn't ruin any future Godzilla films, I am good with whatever this does.  I'm more of a Godzilla fan anyway 

• Like 2

Summing up some points from that IMDb thread:

The user thinks it's on par with Jackson's Kong, but they're very different films. This one is much more straightforward.

It's a very fast paced film. 

There is very little character development. 

Lots of 70's songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

The user thinks it's on par with Jackson's Kong, but they're very different films. This one is much more straightforward.

Lots of 70's songs.

So basically it's a blockbuster.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, John Marston said:

Toby Kebbel is in this movie. Low predictions are understandable

:sadben:

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lots of 70's songs.

That's the one thing I was hoping for....besides it being a good movie and making lots and lots of money, of course. 

Disco Inferno, Disco Inferno!

17 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

lol, it looks like Henry Jackman got the shaft. Good. 

Jackman's actual still listed on IMDb and other sources. His music was probably noise, that and the fact that they were likely referring to the soundtrack and not the background score specifically. 

• Like 1

What I want to know where this press is coming from.

Where are people seeing these screenings?

Are these tweets, or actual writings from film critics?

And since when was production "troubled?" The instance with Keaton and Simmons was brushed off by industry sources as being due to scheduling conflicts and not much else.

What happened to the obligatory "lol one random guy says it sucks ahead of release so it must be true?!lolololololol Chillax gullible folks, it's meaningless internet noise because moviemaking is not objective mkay!!" stance?

:qotd:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

What happened to the obligatory "lol one random guy says it sucks ahead of release so it must be true?!lolololololol Chillax gullible folks, it's meaningless internet noise because moviemaking is not objective mkay!!" stance?

:qotd:

The one difference is EmpireCity is an insider who has been right about this shit on multiple occasions.

• Like 1

On 2017-01-27 at 7:04 AM, EmpireCity said:

Not hearing good things at all from people who got to see this recently.  Production was also supposedly troubled.  

That's a major shame.

Three months ago I thought this would be huge. Now $100m could be a struggle.

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

This will be the inverse of Jackson's King Kong.  50% RT and 84% audience rating.

I actually had to check to see if it held a 50% audience rating. Wut? Did the Internet community just community turn against Jackson after those Hobbit movies (as well as the total whiff that was The Lovely Bones, yeesh) or something over the last 11 years?

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I actually had to check to see if it held a 50% audience rating. Wut? Did the Internet community just community turn against Jackson after those Hobbit movies (as well as the total whiff that was The Lovely Bones, yeesh) or something over the last 11 years?

Not quite sure but I do know it was a bit polarizing when it was released, a lot of people thought the moved was too long and a common criticism was that you could shave about 45 minutes of the movie off.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Not quite sure but I do know it was a bit polarizing when it was released, a lot of people thought the moved was too long and a common criticism was that you could shave about 45 minutes of the movie off.

True but I still thought the film enjoyed a positive reception overall this whole time. Oh well.

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jacksons Kong was a hit and a strong DVD seller. Doubt it's as disliked as that rating